:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:30 pm The Mail's Andrew Pierce is now touting Ben Wallace as a replacement for Truss because Pierce believes that what the Tory party is lacking at the moment is discipline! Given that Wallace refused to throw his hat in the ring when Johnson was ousted I can't see him changing his mind if Truss was to fall under a bus.
Wallace is more closely aligned with Johnsons expelled than any of the recent leadership candidates.
ie relatively sane.

Were I in his shoes, I'd head down the HoC bar, nice cold pint and wait til it all blows over.
Maybe run for leader after a couple of runs in opposition.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Can't read due to paywall.

Give us a hint.
By Arrowhead
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:53 pm Can't read due to paywall.

Give us a hint.
I can't see it either, but the blurb at the top says "The PM has to go...........time for Sunak to step up, then call an election".

Seeing as a significant section of the Tory parliamentary party seemingly cannot stand Sunak ("He stabbed Big Dog in the back!"), I can't see that going down too well.
By mattomac
Wasn’t Sunak polling worse compared to Truss?

There seems to be this odd alternative universe in which Sunak is anyway credible, it’s the same one that pushes Badenoch and Wallace to the front, people who you could walk past the street.

One paper even put Andrew Griffith on the front page on a story about Wallace (Wallace is also apparently very in favour of the lunacy of Truss economics). Anyone who takes it now has to realise they may end up being in the history books alongside Home but even then I feel his situation was better and it didn’t end out too bad, economically speaking you need to go soon

I suppose it’s all down to whether you feel you will have a seat post election or not, ironically I think the boundary changes take away Wallace’s seat.
By kreuzberger
There is something about Jeremy Hunt that is quite likeable to anyone who choses not to scratch the surface. He speaks too in calming tones which are 180° opposed to the classic tory bombast. He is also not brown.

I doubt that it is anything but too late for these soft attributes to haul this criminal enterprise out of the electoral mire, but I thought that I would mention it anyway.
Spoonman liked this
By davidjay
kreuzberger wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:48 am There is something about Jeremy Hunt that is quite likeable to anyone who choses not to scratch the surface. He speaks too in calming tones which are 180° opposed to the classic tory bombast. He is also not brown.

I doubt that it is anything but too late for these soft attributes to haul this criminal enterprise out of the electoral mire, but I thought that I would mention it anyway.
They're invariably like that. Well-spoken, polite, seemingly down to earth and friendly. Not like the scruffy, unwashed, permanently angry lefties. Because they know the deferential nature of the British people means that many of them will believe anything said by a well-dressed, well-spoken white man.
By Arrowhead
Youngian wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:30 pm Timothy is reassuring us again he was nowhere near the Russian front. And Johnson and Gove aren’t free market ideologues, oh no
Angling for a job in the upcoming, post-Truss government? Easy to see where the "shit Rasputin" nickname came from......
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]