:sunglasses: 15.8 % :laughing: 63.2 % :cry: 15.8 % :🤗 5.3 %
**WARNING! INCOMING SOCCER/FOOTBALL REFERENCES**

I wonder if we can convince some Liverpool supporters to hold up a banner outside Downing St. or Westminster that reads "Liz Truss is a political genius" in the same vein they had for David Moyes back in 2014?

Meanwhile I assume Jeremy *unt is the new Chancellor after Sam Allardyce was approached and turned down the role saying "...even I can't help you lot get out of this!"

**EDIT!**

Spoonman wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:14 pm Taking a quick peek at Paddy Power, and they have Truss odds-on (4/7) to be deposed of as Tory leader next year - if you think she won't even see out this year then it's 15/2.

On a related note, the year of Kwarteng getting the boot is a toss up between 2023 (11/10) and before the end of this year (11/8)!
...and just over 48 hours later with Kwarteng gone, PP's latest odds on when Truss will be replaced as Tory leader...

2022 - 8/13
2023 - 6/4
2024 - 10/1
2025 or later - 25/1

...and will she be the Tory leader going into the next General Election?

No - 1/10
Yes - 4/1
Last edited by Spoonman on Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalem Lake wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:53 pm By Christ that press conference by Truss was an absolute stinker even by her standards. Answered four questions with her same robotic waffle and did a runner! I want to see if it looked as bad as it sounded on the radio.
Oh, believe me, it was just as bad. She managed to tell us how fucking great Kwasi was and how much she loved him without saying why she sacked him.
Watchman liked this
By satnav
What I found funny was the amount of time it took her to pick which journalist to pick. I can't decide if she was trying to workout which journalists she actually needed to avoid at all costs or which ones would go easy on her. Eventually she picks a bloke from the Telegraph and Harry Cole and finished off with Chris Mason and Robert Peston. Give that there were only about 20 journalists in the room her staff must have already excluded quite a few journalists to try and make life a bit easier for her.
On the other hand, Marina Hyde...
A Woman On Fire wrote:This morning, hot-mess chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng landed back in the UK, ready to drop the corporation tax cut in a joint announcement with Liz Truss, the new prime minister, whose central leadership pitch it was. Long story short: former Rishi Sunak-backer Jeremy Hunt is now chancellor and Truss has given one of the worst press conferences in the entire history of the genre, shortly after sending Kwarteng a letter “deeply respect[ing]” his decision to get knifed by her. Even Kwarteng’s predecessor, Nadhim Zahawi, held the office longer.

Ooh, hang on – chief secretary to the Treasury Chris Philp is also out. Fast food outlets currently have a slower turnover rate than the Treasury. Only yesterday, at the International Monetary Fund meeting he later fled, Kwarteng was declaring: “I really enjoy the Treasury. I really enjoy No 11.” Glad he took time to smell the roses. They blow up so quickly.
By Youngian
You can pre-order on Amazon.
Harry Cole and 1 more
Out of the Blue: The inside story of Liz Truss and her astonishing rise to power

This title will be released on December 8, 2022.

She is the longest-serving member of the Cabinet, but Britain’s new prime minister is virtually unknown to millions of voters. Written off, mocked and undermined by even her closest colleagues, Liz Truss has slowly but determinedly taken over 10 Downing Street.

With unrivalled access and insight, award-winning political journalists Harry Cole and James Heale chart the rise of the geeky teenage Lib Dem who transformed into the queen of the Brexiteers.
<double post>
Last edited by MisterMuncher on Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
MisterMuncher wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:09 am Paddy Power offering cash-out @ 2/1 (half the original odds) on Truss being gone by 31/12/ 22.

You'd get the same sort of offer if your team were 3:1 up at 75 minutes played
Youngian wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:10 pm You can pre-order on Amazon.
Harry Cole and 1 more
Out of the Blue: The inside story of Liz Truss and her astonishing rise to power

This title will be released on December 8, 2022.

She is the longest-serving member of the Cabinet, but Britain’s new prime minister is virtually unknown to millions of voters. Written off, mocked and undermined by even her closest colleagues, Liz Truss has slowly but determinedly taken over 10 Downing Street.

With unrivalled access and insight, award-winning political journalists Harry Cole and James Heale chart the rise of the geeky teenage Lib Dem who transformed into the queen of the Brexiteers.
Utterly shocking - to find that Harry Cole won an award.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]