:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Arrowhead
Sam Tarry seems pretty confident that he will be comfortably reselected in Ilford South later this evening. Although it is true that his principal rival Jas Athwal secured the nominations from all ten local branches earlier this year, this was reportedly down to Tarry allies boycotting all branch nomination meetings.

We'll know the final outcome later this evening.
By Arrowhead
Arrowhead wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:54 pm Sam Tarry seems pretty confident that he will be comfortably reselected in Ilford South later this evening. Although it is true that his principal rival Jas Athwal secured the nominations from all ten local branches earlier this year, this was reportedly down to Tarry allies boycotting all branch nomination meetings.

We'll know the final outcome later this evening.
I made the mistake of trying to follow the proceedings tonight via Twitter. Holy fuck there are some warped individuals out there.
By Arrowhead
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:01 pm This may be an exaggeration.
Yeah I don’t think it really makes much of a difference one way or the other tbh. A Tarry victory would undoubtedly embolden the Corbynites, but by my counting it would only represent their third victory in about fifty seat selections recently.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Seemingly confirmed.

By Abernathy
Arrowhead wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:38 pm I fully expect Tarry to stand as some sort of spoiler candidate at the next election, but I don't think it will make a difference overall - Labour seem to have grown a very sizeable majority there in the last decade or so.
Sam's a kind of wannabe Jezza, for sure. Far be it from me to offer personal relationship advice, but in certain circumstances the personal really IS the political. Angie would do well to kick the bold Samuel into touch 'ere too long.
By mattomac
Strangely gone from working the crowd to isolated on the far left, I actually endorsed him for Young Labour, generally felt he was decent egg back then and he seemed to be what you would class “soft left”. These people will assume I’ve drifted to the right, perhaps I have but I don’t think by as much as they’ve drifted to the extremes.

As for this “supporting strike action”, first week of pickets he was nowhere, when deselection came up he was there with media in hand (Corbyn off camera to the left).

It’s the kind of stunt to try and drive a wedge between those members committed to Labour who want a Labour government but don’t bother with the party politics aspect and those who are committed to reshaping the party, often long time members who will vote Labour every time.*

*you can belong to both mind, a position I feel I took up until the dying embers of Corbyn.
Arrowhead liked this
By Abernathy
Only slight concern is that we are now stuck with a pissed-off deselected Trot MP between now and the general election, and one who is regularly giving the deputy leader of the party the benefit of his schwanstucke to boot. Awkward.
By Arrowhead
Tarry seems to be taking things well...

In another statement issued this morning, he talked about uncovering "concrete evidence" of rule-breaking, voter fraud, voter impersonation, voting by party members not on the electoral register, and the stirring up of communal tensions by factional elements within the CLP. Yikes.
By Andy McDandy
With integrity, generosity and inclusivity, as long as he's in charge.

And if he has doubts about the voting process, why not ask for assurances and demonstrations that it's solid, rather than ask for names?

Whatever the case, he's still getting the sex off of Wor Ange, so maybe he should just shut up and count his blessings, eh?
By Crabcakes
“We demand mandatory reselection!”
“OK, here you go”
“No, not like that! We just want people *we* don’t like booted out, and the details of anyone who supports our opponents! Ugh, is it really that hard to understand? Bloody centrist blue labour Tory lite melt dads”
Spoonman, Arrowhead, Dalem Lake and 2 others liked this
By Oboogie
Arrowhead wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:46 pm
In another statement issued this morning, he talked about uncovering "concrete evidence" of rule-breaking, voter fraud, voter impersonation, voting by party members not on the electoral register, and the stirring up of communal tensions by factional elements within the CLP. Yikes.
Surely we can be only days away from learning of Jas Athwal's pizza parlour with a paedo sex dungeon in Ilford South?
The Weeping Angel liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]