:sunglasses: 15.8 % :laughing: 63.2 % :cry: 15.8 % :🤗 5.3 %
By soulboy
davidjay wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:51 pm Smugglers, scramblers, burglars, gamblers
Pickpockets, peddlers and even pan-handlers.
Word to Melle Mel if memory serves.

It goes without saying that those hippety hoppers and their modern Grime and Drill equivalents are clearly anti-growth.
satnav wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:12 pm I was surprised that she included thinks tanks in her anti-growth coalition given that her chief adviser used to work for the Adam Smith institute and numerous ministerial special advisers have links with the Tax Payers Alliance and the IEA.
Have no idea who Truss is talking about. Lefty environmentalists and trade unionist don’t hide behind astroturfing think tanks, they just tell us who they are.
By Oboogie
"A historian admired by Liz Truss has claimed she has misunderstood his work to a “mind-blowing” degree, prompting him to feel “terribly guilty”.

The Prime Minister previously told The Times “anything” by Rick Perlstein charted among her favourite books, specifically his writing on former US presidents Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan.

But the historian claimed she had missed what he thought was obvious cynicism in his book The Invisible Bridge, covering the fall of Mr Nixon and rise of Mr Reagan.

Mr Perlstein told Times Radio the work was inspired by what he presumed was “transparently and self-evidently a moral and political critique of the notion that you should bamboozle the public”.

The title is a reference to a piece of advice to Mr Nixon attributed to former Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev: “If the people believe there’s an imaginary river out there, you don’t tell them there’s no river there. You build an imaginary bridge over the imaginary river.”

Mr Perlstein said that, during her leadership campaign, one of Ms Truss’s aides was “kind of peddling this quote” as an example of why she should win, as she “understood what Reagan understood: that you’re supposed to bamboozle the public”.

“She didn’t grasp, apparently, that it was cynicism,” he said.

“The idea that someone would come across the account that I offer of the cynicism, intellectual vacuity, and just basic emptiness of the promises that were made by Ronald Reagan in this regard, and say, ‘Jolly good, this is what I’m going to try for England’, is kind of mind-blowing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 96973.html
satnav wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:28 pm She just appeared to lump all the think tanks together.
I was thinking of the notorious Gove quote about experts, the full version.
“I think the people of this country have had enough of experts with organisations with acronyms saying that they know what is best and getting it consistently wrong.”
Was that was Truss was thinking about too?
Today's antics include vetoeing a £15m information campaign on energy efficiency because it would be "nanny state".

Sure, people are already cutting back, but hard to see how this wouldn't have some effect.

The government isn't of course adverse to spending money on telling us how well it's doing.
Sorry Tubbs, can't let that go.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:42 pm

The government isn't of course averse to spending money on telling us how well it's doing.
FTFY
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]