:sunglasses: 15.8 % :laughing: 63.2 % :cry: 15.8 % :🤗 5.3 %
BBC News assiduously edited out all the pauses, hesitations and lacunæ.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:30 pm BBC News assiduously edited out all the pauses, hesitations and lacunæ.
I have just tried a few episodes rather than the omnibus and, by Christ, that's real. Some of this hesitation makes me think that my feed is dropping out.

Leaving her in post is starting to look unkind.

There again, she wanted it and that's exactly what she got.
Indeed.
One day when young and callow I was having a mare of a day. My bestie Alan dropped a note on my desk (I was 'interviewing' a teenage hoodlum) which simply said 'You wanted the fucking job'.

I hope someone does the same to her.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Oboogie
kreuzberger wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:38 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:30 pm BBC News assiduously edited out all the pauses, hesitations and lacunæ.
I have just tried a few episodes rather than the omnibus and, by Christ, that's real. Some of this hesitation makes me think that my feed is dropping out.

James O'Brien pointed out that the silences were so long that, when he played them, they came perilously close to triggering LBC's emergency tape.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
kreuzberger wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:58 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:14 pm Greatest hits compilation:

These skewerings are quite something. Absolutely brutal.

That then begs the question; why is BBC local radio output so parochial and hand-knittedly dull that it barely troubles the RAJAR numbers?
Budgets. And stations whose listeners' profile is pensioner-plus are embarrassing.
Crabcakes wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:51 pm I wonder how much was “I want the job” as opposed to “I feel I deserve the job”, very much in the Johnson mould.
Ah well, I never had his advantages...
Oboogie wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:24 pm Those local radio presenters are really going for it because, for them, interviewing the PM (at a time of crisis no less) is the gig of a lifetime. This is their audition for a job on Radio 4 or Newsnight.

I wonder how the Tories will punish the BBC for this?
Mail and GBeebies hit pieces on why the woke BBC needs to get out of the provincial bubble and spend more time in the real world of Westminster.
Oboogie liked this
Youngian wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:18 pm Liz has been doing the rounds on BBC local radio expecting softball questions. Didn’t get them and she was as wooden, patronising and other worldly as ever.
Yep, she was expecting Holly and Phil. She got regional Brian Waldens.

Reminds me of England touring the West Indies back in the day. Every island had its own paceman, motivated to knock teeth out of England batsmen and get noticed by the selectors.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:29 pm
Crabcakes wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:51 pm I wonder how much was “I want the job” as opposed to “I feel I deserve the job”, very much in the Johnson mould.
Ah well, I never had his advantages...
Something I’m sure you’re grateful for on a daily basis 🙂
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
Oboogie wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:05 pm James O'Brien pointed out that the silences were so long that, when he played them, they came perilously close to triggering LBC's emergency tape.
I was in with my spineologist at eleven, on the dot, and we spent quite some time poring over the utter bollocks which in now being handed down from on high, at the Charité.

I left for a fag and a coffee in the late sun and didn't get back until the Mystery Hour. Missed all the juicy bits.

(When all is said and done, that was hardly a good day.)
I’ve just found out Truss’s media advisor used to work for Prince Andrew. And the pizza express/I cannot physically sweat interview was on his watch.

Which explains a great deal.
Last edited by Crabcakes on Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie liked this
Your track record doesn't mean squat if you know the right people.

See also Harding, Dido...
Spoonman liked this
"Liz Truss has broken her long, awkward silence with a series of short, awkward silences."
Angela Rayner
Bones McCoy liked this
Oboogie wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:05 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:38 pm

James O'Brien pointed out that the silences were so long that, when he played them, they came perilously close to triggering LBC's emergency tape.
I worry that one our our Trident Subs might surface and interpret the silence as the doomsday signal.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]