:sunglasses: 15.8 % :laughing: 63.2 % :cry: 15.8 % :🤗 5.3 %
Youngian wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:31 am Truss may enjoy a bounce, next year. People with no mortgages and private pensions benefit from high interest rates.
Interest now 5% on pension - WINNING!!!

Paid in pounds whose value has declined by 11% - Whoot!!
Oboogie liked this
A friend of mine had to wind up her previously successful business today (providing vegan food to restaurants and bars). It was about to be taken over by a larger company, but they have pulled out due to the present climate. They can't operate in the current circumstances.

In the past year her costs:
Raw materials - doubled.
Transport - tripled.
Energy - quadrupled.

So the SMEs go to the wall whilst the hedge funds and multinationals prosper...
By satnav
My wife carried out an audit at an ice cream factory in the Summer. They had seen the cost of raw materials double in a couple of months and their electricity bill rose from £70,000 a year to £200,000 a year. Small family businesses can't cope with such sharp rises in cost especially as it would be so hard to pass any of the costs on to the customers without seeing sales plummet.
satnav wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:01 pm My wife carried out an audit at an ice cream factory in the Summer. They had seen the cost of raw materials double in a couple of months and their electricity bill rose from £70,000 a year to £200,000 a year. Small family businesses can't cope with such sharp rises in cost especially as it would be so hard to pass any of the costs on to the customers without seeing sales plummet.
Exactly so. In my friend's case the only way she was going to get anything out of years of hard work was to be bought out by a conglomerate.

Kamikwaze's budget put an end to that.
I'm put in a Sassoon mood.

“Good-morning, good-morning!” the Prime Minister croaked
When we voted last week to secure her new line.
Now the voters she smiled at are most of 'em broke,
And we're cursing her staff for incompetent swine.
“She's a cheery old girl” grunted Harry to Jack
As they drank in the golf club and patted their backs.

But she did for them both by her plan of attack.
mattomac wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:51 pm Apparently the IMF are woke.
And lefty.
Where the fuck is she? All that voice coaching, cos-playing in tanks, and fancy hair-do's to try and appear as prime ministerial and no one's seen hide nor hair of her since this whole calamity started. I think even Johnson would have made an appearance by now.
kreuzberger liked this
According to No 10 spox she's inside, working hard, making all sorts of decisions, but none about the financial crisis because that isn't a crisis and anyway she's not going to do anything about it.

No, really.
Greatest hits compilation:

Youngian wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:18 pm Liz has been doing the rounds on BBC local radio expecting softball questions. Didn’t get them and she was as wooden, patronising and other worldly as ever.

Arrowhead, Youngian liked this
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:14 pm Greatest hits compilation:

These skewerings are quite something. Absolutely brutal.

That then begs the question; why is BBC local radio output so parochial and hand-knittedly dull that it barely troubles the RAJAR numbers?
By Oboogie
Those local radio presenters are really going for it because, for them, interviewing the PM (at a time of crisis no less) is the gig of a lifetime. This is their audition for a job on Radio 4 or Newsnight.

I wonder how the Tories will punish the BBC for this?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]