:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
In the style of Littlejohn, 'He's got previous'.
By Andy McDandy
Bridgen got me kicked off Twitter (I said that he had to be a special kind of cunt if even his own family couldn't stand him - ah well, blessing in disguise etc), so ha ha ha.
By Bones McCoy
The dust settles and a winner emerges.

Reflect though: Over 12 weeks, and 8 candidates.
Amid all the culture war escalation, not one candidate devoted a single sentence to "cleaning up politics", "fighting corruption" or "restoring integrity to the PM's role".

All we'll get is more of the same.
Watchman, zuriblue, Spoonman and 1 others liked this
By Bones McCoy
Sir Robbie Gibb, "Conservative activist on the BBC board" posts a comprehensive defence that he was not a conservative activist
He said he had been informed that Sir Robbie did not in fact 'like' the tweet in question, rather he had accidentally pressed the like button while scrolling through his Twitter feed.
By Yug
An MP has accused a council of "charging the taxpayer for the privilege" of moving to a four-day working week.

South Cambridgeshire District Council staff would receive the same full-time pay to work a 30-hour week, in a three-month trial proposed from January.

Anthony Browne, the MP for South Cambridgeshire, said the plan "equates to a 25% hourly pay increase".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c ... e-62833023

In typical Tory fashion the wealthy MP for South Cambridgeshire tries to lower the living standards of a group of people by shrieking to the world "LOOK! THEY'RE GETTING SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT!!1!!"

And these cunts have the neck to accuse Labour of practicing the politics of envy.
By satnav
The Sun are reporting that the Tory Party will tone down the lavish conference drinks reception as a mark of respect to the late queen. I think it is probably more down to the fact that the Russian donations have dried up in the last 6 months.
kreuzberger, Spoonman, Oboogie and 2 others liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
This doesn't sound very good. Though things are so shit, I almost feel like we should let Mr Philp off because at least we might get some houses built.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... hris-philp
Chris Philp, who has responsibility for spending policy in relation to housing and planning, has stake in property finance company
Asked how Philp would be managing his financial interests, a government spokesperson said: “The ministerial code sets out the process by which ministers, following their appointment to a new role, should declare and manage their interests, working with their permanent secretary. The chief secretary to the Treasury is now going through this process in line with the ministerial code, following his appointment just last week.”
The Permanent Secretary at the Treasury? The one they just sacked, or the one who'll come in and fell he can't put his foot down too much?
By mattomac
I saw crafty wank Grimes and others go on about how great these new policies were but they are really crap. Maybe people will still vote for them but they look tired and laboured. Everything is either a reversal or something or a vague promise.

They’ve won a seat in Coventry tonight and Bolton last week but nowhere in Stoke along with losing to the Greens in another seat. Who knows if they will come election time look energised and ready or just tired but it doesn’t even feel like there is anything new, even at the tail end of Labour in 2010 there were attempts to push something new, all these ideas today are dire.

There is also no real vision behind it, who knows, I do think Labour need to time their vision just right but if they get their alternative to the nation spot on then should have a decent chance. It also might be about to get ten times worse for them on energy. None of the freezes remotely puts people in a situation they were 12 months back.

Businesses are getting a”cut” but it’s not a cut it’s the same as people, the fact they wont pay the eye watering sums expected doesn’t mean the sums wont still be eye watering. If it’s a cold winter that could do them in itself. “Winter of discontent anyone”?

It’s grin and bare it mode for two years.
Arrowhead liked this
By Dalem Lake
Oh there's a vision behind it alright, only it's a Tufton St vision where they get to enact all the shite that benefits them and their backers quickly while they have the chance, all facilitated by that walking, talking, sentient potato Liz Truss and her equally awful cabinet. Whether they actually get to enact this vision remains to be seen because the government going full guns, blazing with their awfullness will surely go down with the parliamentary Conservative like a cup of cold sick and there will be some pretty big bust ups along the way, particularly as Truss was the second choice amongst them and didn't get that big a majority in the membership vote.
Spoonman, Arrowhead liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Paul Waugh has referred to the not-a-budget as 'Kamikwasi Economics'.

Quite.
Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]