:sunglasses: 15.8 % :laughing: 63.2 % :cry: 15.8 % :🤗 5.3 %
I wonder what 'Airfix' Malthouse will bring in the way of insight and vision to the world of education?
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:29 pm Expertise in chinning, jibbing, and decking, I'd guess.
And sleeping on the job...
Youngian wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:22 pm Truss is as bad at this as Corbyn. Keir sticking firmly with the issues and Liz did at least try and respond before falling back on weak slogans for the benefit of guffawing backbenchers (Labour doesn’t understand aspiration, ner ner”).
I thought Corbyn was better than some said at PMQs. Problem was, as Taylor Parkes wrote. he didn't so much have skeletons in his closet as hang his shirt up in an ossuary.
Youngian wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:31 am

No points for predicting that replacing Johnson with socially awkward Randist wonks wouldn’t go down well among the GE2019 Red wall converts. Being called the worst idlers in the world by a dismissive plummy voiced black man should make interesting vox pop viewing on Barnsley high street.
Who are the constituency who will replace them? Socially liberal City workers who don’t think they’re rich enough aren’t going to retain any marginals for the Tories.
Yeah, I wonder if "worst idlers" could really take off as a meme. Sure, Patel and Raab have been prominent for a while, but PM and Chancellor is a massive increase in prominence for this stuff. Add Rees-Mogg talking about reducing standards (a specific promise not to do so was made by Johnson in 2019) and there may be a few fireworks.
I noted on Channel4 News that at the end of the PMQs session, Keir Starmer went over to Truss and offered her friendly congratulations on her first PMQs outing in the job. I was a bit surprised at this at first, but thinking about it, I’m rather relaxed about it. Starmer famously, and rightly, despised Johnson and had zero respect for him, and I dare say he was just quite pleased that Truss had handled the session like a grown-up human being rather than emulating Johnson’s totally dishonest Billy-Bunter-on-steroids pantomime act.

Of course, the Trots will be having conniptions about this when they notice it, and Owen Jones might well have kittens, but that’s to be expected.
Perhaps she can undo Johnson's spite and become an opponent rather than an enemy.
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:02 pm I noted on Channel4 News that at the end of the PMQs session, Keir Starmer went over to Truss and offered her friendly congratulations on her first PMQs outing in the job. I was a bit surprised at this at first, but thinking about it, I’m rather relaxed about it. Starmer famously, and rightly, despised Johnson and had zero respect for him, and I dare say he was just quite pleased that Truss had handled the session like a grown-up human being rather than emulating Johnson’s totally dishonest Billy-Bunter-on-steroids pantomime act.
Truss fell into Starmer’s cross examination traps but better to see her get the hang of PMQs then descend into Johnson’s tactics. Which is shouting ‘bler, bler, vaccines, bler, bler’ to every question. Truss also used her time to promote her policies which would be a good idea if they weren’t so stinky.
I didn't catch the session, but read reports later.

A couple mentioned that Truss appeared to mention the possibility of "working together on major issues" with Starmer.
There's a hunt of statesmanship there.
It's what Churchill did during the second world war - so no excuse for Gammon outrage.

It's also a complete contrast with Johnson's trick.
Conduct policy behind locked doors; then blame the opposition for not cooperating.
Especially when she is now stealing Labour's trousers.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:She's a terrible droning speaker. Much more robotic than May. Conference speeches are going to be interesting. Or not.
Isn't it just. It's really painful to listen to. She's been voice coached to have a much lower, slower voice to apparently make her sound more Prime Ministerial, but you can hear her natural voice fighting to get out so it's still a drone, but not continously monotonous and kind of inflects in weird places. She reminds me of a character in American Dad called Captain Monty who speaks in a similar manner.
She's not this mad surely? In fairness, the only clue to what she'll do is that it'll be "deregulatory", but I think she actually is mad enough.
Liz Truss could scrap anti-obesity strategy in drive to cut red tape
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... t-red-tape

If you believe in the NHS, you should be serious about "nanny state" stuff because it reduces the demand on it. Actually, I think I see the problem here...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]