:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By Nigredo
I remember my parents tearing their hair out at all the dud machines and unedifying conversations with front line staff at PC World in the 1990s. And they also recommended a crap laptop for my brother's home office last year (though some of that is probably on him for not doing his research).

That said, I've been using iD Mobile (Carphone Warehouse's MVNO ) for around 2 years now and not had any complaints with it aside from not being able to access the London Underground's WiFi.
By satnav
When my kids were younger did quite a few mystery shopping assignments at PC-world. On one occasion I was asked to go in store and ask about computer desks suitable for a child. Staff were clearly not that interested in selling desks because the first person I spoke to said that I'd be better off going to IKEA. That was just response I wanted because it meant I was out of the shop in minutes and the report was fairly quick to write.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
People who wonder why Amazon is so successful should cast their minds back to the PC World shopping experience...
Oboogie, Youngian liked this
Reminds me of a Phil Jupitus joke about when he wanted to buy a digital tv for the first time. A friend of his recommended one shop, said the staff were excellent. He went down there on a Saturday and had a kid who wasn't sure they sold televisions at all.

Except not just on Saturday, in some places.
By davidjay
satnav wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:55 pm When my kids were younger did quite a few mystery shopping assignments at PC-world. On one occasion I was asked to go in store and ask about computer desks suitable for a child. Staff were clearly not that interested in selling desks because the first person I spoke to said that I'd be better off going to IKEA. That was just response I wanted because it meant I was out of the shop in minutes and the report was fairly quick to write.
A few years ago I did a bit of mystery shopping. Two jobs that stand out were a particularly scummy JDW of my (brief) acquaintance and the branch of Barclay's where I've spent many an unhappy hour waiting in a queue and being treated as an inconvenience. Imagine my joy when both were as bad as I remembered, and I had to report on it.
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:49 pm Explain your way out of this one Spaffer!!

This is the stuff that collapses governments.

You can see why there's a shortage when people are going round having 2 flakes per cone. What is this - shangri-la?

EDIT: on closer inspection I can see it's actually another cone behind the first. However I'm not deleting the post as it's a good joke and I'm sticking with it :mrgreen:
News to me that flakes are made in Egypt. Not news to me; the real Keir has nothing to hide but the real Alex has loads. Morgan doesn’t liked being snubbed so probably cut Starmer some slack.
Attachments
2F62836B-9CB7-41B0-AF0C-D6EF3D5BC538.jpeg
2F62836B-9CB7-41B0-AF0C-D6EF3D5BC538.jpeg (643.24 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
By Boiler
Oblomov wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:13 pm Pathetic whining in PMQs today;

"Our border controls are the best in the world! Why don't you finally start giving me some praise eh?!"

:roll:
One of those rare moments where trudging through a year of bank statements to prepare my company accounts and P11D statement has proven to be infinitely preferable.
By Nigredo
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:33 pm If the paraphrase was accurate, Johnson thought Starmer was calling on a ban of food imports.
The pork haystack did wobble his jowls about some 75% food import figure, which immediately made me wonder why we committed an act of economic self-harm if our food security is that poor.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:40 pm People who wonder why Amazon is so successful should cast their minds back to the PC World shopping experience...
A special treat was hearing them selling the gaming shit to someone's (proverbial) granny in the teeth of Christmas. A genuinely painful thing to overhear.

(and yes, I did intervene when the guy had went out the back to get a graphics card that would "make [your grandson's] internet work much better". I'm out for cheap laughs, not letting Little Old Ladies get fleeced)
Oboogie, Malcolm Armsteen, Nigredo and 5 others liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]