:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:43 pm I kind of get why politicians are wary of such questions, given that we live in an age when any sort of hobby is seen as sad or nerdy, or any preference so polarising, so it's sometimes best to stick to the bland - popular bands, football, and whatever other sport is currently being played. At its logical conclusion you get the Thick of It zeitgeist tape or David Blunkett doing Harry Potter on sleb Mastermind and revealing he had no idea about the franchise at all.
Yes, I get it that some people don't have hobbies or interests - at least, not ones which they can admit to.
Political leaders (not Johnson obviously) are usually too busy to commit to much outside the job. There are some toe curling examples of when they pretend to be "ordinary" eg Cameron's Aston Villa/West Ham gaffe or Gordon Brown's alleged enthusiasm for "The Eastenders" or The Arctic Monkeys. But at least football, soap operas and rock music are popular, "normal" interests that millions share and can relate to.
Painting buses on wine boxes is not a route to making you appear "one of the people".
By Yug
Oboogie wrote: Painting buses on wine boxes is not a route to making you appear "one of the people".
Oh, I dunno. Painting lies on the side of a bus fooled a *lot* of people into believing he was one of them.
Oboogie liked this
Thing was, it was so bizarre that it actually had a faint air of truth about it. I can understand people thinking "yes, that is so random and fucked up that I can actually picture him doing that". Just that air of overgrown childhood about it.
It is useful to see all those failures in a single list.

Social media tends to suffer from raising a single issue.
Shills then pile on with:
There have always been ....
(Insert as convenient): Sewage leaks, dishonest ministers, NHS waiting lists, poor people, inflation, crime, pandemics.
and it would have been worse under Corbyn.
O’Brien on LBC this morning devoted his entire 3 hour show to documenting in some detail all of the most egregious (and there are a great many) and appalling acts of Johnson’s miserable 3 year tenure.
Oboogie liked this
Abernathy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:27 pm O’Brien on LBC this morning devoted his entire 3 hour show to documenting in some detail all of the most egregious (and there are a great many) and appalling acts of Johnson’s miserable 3 year tenure.
And deserves an award, if only for stopping himself from swearing.
By Yug
The porcine haystack hasn't finished yet

Boris Johnson has sparked fresh accusations of cronyism after choosing the author of a book on his “wit and wisdom” to help oversee the appointment of new peers to the House of Lords.

The journalist Harry Mount, a fellow former Bullingdon Club member and the author of The Wit and Wisdom of Boris Johnson, will take up the role on the House of Lords appointments commission from 11 September. The body is responsible for vetting all nominations to the Lords. This will include all of Johnson’s requests for peerages to be granted as part of his resignation honours list...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... arry-mount
By Yug
I thought one or two of you might find this interesting

Boris Johnson's leaving speech fact-checked

6 September 2022, 11:01 BST

https://www.bbc.com/news/62806217.amp

If the BBC wanted to tell the truth they should have headlined the article Lying Liar Tells Lies
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:49 pm Topic updates were performed yesterday, within the hour. Now that the dimster has appointed that fat lass with the fresh spunk on her t-shirt as Heath Sec., another round is in the offing.
An image that will stay with me forever.
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:39 pm Is it too early to update the title to "second worst" or would that be premature.

Positives for Truss on day 1.
* Patel, Truss, Schapps and Raaaab removed form cabinet.
* Something something fuel bills.
Johnson was the first PM not to bring in opponents for a cabinet of talent but that was mainly ideological. Truss’s motivations for banishing Sunak and friends appears to be insecurity and spite.
davidjay wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:51 am
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:49 pm Topic updates were performed yesterday, within the hour. Now that the dimster has appointed that fat lass with the fresh spunk on her t-shirt as Heath Sec., another round is in the offing.
An image that will stay with me forever.
Quite rightly, everyone is being dug up for lazily commenting upon the notable appetite of Ms Coffey.

For the record, she is merely "big boned".
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]