:sunglasses: 15.8 % :laughing: 63.2 % :cry: 15.8 % :🤗 5.3 %
By Tubby Isaacs
This is new pollster, but they are BPC members, so should be fairy credible.

This is where, as one Truss supporter put it, promisiing to test out the Laffer Curve in a cost of living crisis, is likely to get you. Of course she'll have to change tack, but at a fair bit of cost to the "new Iron Lady" image, you'd think. Most PMs go longer than a day before they do their first U turn.

By kreuzberger
This reply is not laced with my usual sarcasm but I now genuinely fear for what is happening to Truss.

Without doubt, my visceral hatred of Tories is undiminished but I now get a sense that she is a limited individual who is being exploited by dark forces. Even if she has been told that she has pulled out of the R4 interview, I am not sure she would understand the ramifications or indeed the humiliation of doing so.

The Tufton Street and ERG miscreants are beyond nastiness, and I do not doubt that they have the capacity to exploit the evident limitations of their Protege. Whether Starmer would consider this, I don't know but to me, at any case, it is entirely plausible that she is being manipulated regardless of the damage that it will do to her as a human being.
Spoonman liked this
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:34 am I'm wondering how long Truss will last, is it possible the ERG will pull another coup, oust her and install one of their own, eg Brexit Hardman Steve Barker, before the next election?
You do wonder. After all, they didn't put their weight behind one of their own.
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:31 am
Oboogie wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:34 am I'm wondering how long Truss will last, is it possible the ERG will pull another coup, oust her and install one of their own, eg Brexit Hardman Steve Barker, before the next election?
You do wonder. After all, they didn't put their weight behind one of their own.
They're classic "Shout the odds from the sidelines" bullies.
Tell it how it should be, but bottle it when there's an oppportunity to show it how it should be.
Spoonman liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... omnicrisis

Marina Hyde takes on the Truss:
"Cost of living” is an expression now used so frequently, including by those in positions of power, that it’s possible to end up forgetting how incredibly bleak those words are as a concept. (See also: “human resources”.) Maybe we should revitalise the cliche by calling it the “price of existing” crisis. It is, after all, a perfectly matter-of-fact way of suggesting that there is a point at which many may simply find it too expensive to endure.
But the suspicion with Truss is that she is – above all – keen to be seen as a particular type of person. This is a vanity we cannot afford.
Take one campaign aide’s revelation this week that “she will focus on doing fewer things and doing them better”. In which universe? In a truly ideal world, governments would be able to get out of people’s lives, things being so well arranged that they were not much required. But these are not ideal times, and won’t be for the foreseeable, so wasting the entire contest on positioning feels a pointless indulgence, and proof her party membership’s tiny electorate are the wrong people to have everyone else’s future in their hands.

Wherever you stand on the ideal size of government, the first principle of why governments exist is for people’s safety and security. The next government – by all forecasts, Truss’s government – is going to have to get right inside people’s lives. Her entire leadership pitch puts me in mind of another cautionary cliché: life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans.
By Watchman
https://www.thenational.scot/news/20860 ... time-ever/

Cue some Freeman of the Land type questioning the ”legitimacy” of the appointment because it didn’t take place in England
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]