:sunglasses: 15.8 % :laughing: 63.2 % :cry: 15.8 % :🤗 5.3 %
By Watchman
Not content with having a go at Sturgeon, she’s now turned her attention to Mark Drakeford

From the Guardian

Truss was also asked if the first minister of Wales, Mark Drakeford, should be ignored following her comments about Nicola Sturgeon earlier this week.

Wales had been “let down by 20 years of Labour rule”, Truss replied.

She added:

I believe Mark Drakeford has not delivered for the people of Wales and I will be holding him to account.
By Malcolm Armsteen
How, precisely, will she 'hold him to account'?

I see it will go down well with the Taliban, but were I Welsh I'd be Googling 'Plaid Cymru Recruitment'.
lambswool liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Remember the audience. That won't compute with 70 year old white men in southern golf club bars...
By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:15 pm Not content with having a go at Sturgeon, she’s now turned her attention to Mark Drakeford

From the Guardian

Truss was also asked if the first minister of Wales, Mark Drakeford, should be ignored following her comments about Nicola Sturgeon earlier this week.

Wales had been “let down by 20 years of Labour rule”, Truss replied.

She added:

I believe Mark Drakeford has not delivered for the people of Wales and I will be holding him to account.
Rest assured, gentle readers.

She will listen to and kow-tow to the denizens of Tufton Street, and Duke Rupert of Mordoch.
By satnav
Last week Truss 'feared' that police offers were spending too much time on paper work. Yesterday she said tat she was 'worried' that more women than men were being imprisoned for not paying their TV licences even though no women have been sent to prison for non-payment of a TV license and now she 'believes' that Labour has let down Wales. Heaven forbid she should base any of her policies on facts and evidence rather than gut reactions.
By davidjay
It's all part of their divine right to rule. They believe that they should be allowed to win every election from general to school governor and if by chance they don't, then the result should be ignored and the body voted for abolished. See also the London mayor and metropolitan councils. The will of the people is sacrosanct unless it's the wrong people.
Spoonman liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
RedSparrows wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:56 am I hope the golf club bores who moan about being repressed recognise how everything is ultimately geared to satisfying their moronic prejudices.

Har har.
Irony is not, then, dead.
By Bones McCoy
Smart engineers have found ways to elevate the panels so useful business gets done underneath.

The most common example is sticking them on roofs.

More interesting is India using large solar arrays to shade its irrigation canals, making a significant cut to evaporation loss.
Oboogie, Spoonman liked this
By Oboogie
I remember reading a few years ago about an idea of surfacing roads with a special solar panel material. The article, which was pretty much an advertorial, implied the system was through the R&D stage and ready to go to market. I was sceptical about how you can simultaneously have a durable road surface AND an efficient solar panel, I'm not an engineer, but I sense an inherent conflict there. I've not heard any more since, so I presume it was a non-starter, but I don't know why - I guess it will be cost.
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:37 pm I remember reading a few years ago about an idea of surfacing roads with a special solar panel material. The article, which was pretty much an advertorial, implied the system was through the R&D stage and ready to go to market. I was sceptical about how you can simultaneously have a durable road surface AND an efficient solar panel, I'm not an engineer, but I sense an inherent conflict there. I've not heard any more since, so I presume it was a non-starter, but I don't know why - I guess it will be cost.
I think the Dutch have used it for some of their bicycle tracks.

Like you, I see an obvious conflict between regular energy generation and route maintenance.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]