:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Crabcakes
I’m bewildered as to why Corbyn’s fans are saying this should get him the whip back. Did he get a bit of a bum deal? Sure. Is that bum deal linked to why he lost the whip? No.

It’s like saying you should let a steroid-chugging runner who was caught cheating compete again because an assistant who didn’t like him once gave him the wrong shoes.
Abernathy liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Only for a given value of kicking.

Who is Daniella Blake and why should I care about her opinion?
By The Weeping Angel
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:57 pm Only for a given value of kicking.

Who is Daniella Blake and why should I care about her opinion?
Why is it whenever I post a tweet I have to give a detailed biography of that person? The reason why you should care is that people were getting arsey over comments Rachel Reeves made about nationalisation.
By Malcolm Armsteen
For the simple reason that some sources are more reliable or significant than others. Some are trivial. You take them all at face value.
By Malcolm Armsteen
This person claims to come from the planet of the Wookies...

Their statement is pretty meaningless - that we don't know how Labour supporters will react in some hypothetical situation.
By Abernathy
Well, Malcolm is right about it being hypothetical, but I should think most Labour supporters would be in a state of some despair, don't you?

I think that the outcome described is certainly possible, but somewhat unlikely, given where the Labour Party is now, despite the best efforts of the Trots to engineer derailment.
Last edited by Abernathy on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Abernathy
Well, there's no doubt about it. Even a narrow defeat would still be Labour's fifth successive defeat (thanks, Jeremy), and would be indeed be a catastrophe - particularly for the country. There would be questions to answer, but I wouldn't expect Starmer to fall on his sword in those circumstances either. After all, Jezferatu did not resign after leading the party to an allegedly narrow (it wasn't really) defeat in 2017.
By Crabcakes
If I’m brutally honest I’d prefer a minority government as it would increase the likelihood of reform to the FPTP system in exchange for goods & services etc. But to be honest if Truss is in charge, and Boris is sniping from the sidelines with an eye to a triumphant (in his eyes) return, I can only see the direction of travel going one way.

Truss might get a tiny bounce, but given she’ll be getting in in September and people will very soon after that start to get winter utility bills, that’ll evaporate faster than dry ice on a Heathrow runway last Tuesday.
Arrowhead, Watchman liked this
By Arrowhead
It's not very often that I recommend a Twitter account to follow, but here is an excellent one which I think many of you may find interesting: Tomorrow's MPs (@tomorrowsmps), run by the former Channel 4 News political correspondent Michael Crick. A useful resource for monitoring which prospective parliamentary candidates are being selected for various seats ahead of the next GE.

The reason why I have highlighted the account in this section of the forum is because Labour are currently picking a number of early selections in what are regarded as winnable seats.

One revealing aspect of this has been the apparent collapse of the Corbyn faction in the process so far; of around 25 candidates already chosen, only one (Faiza Shaheen, picked to take on Iain Duncan Smith in Chingford & Woodford Green) is identifiably of the Corbyn left. In fact, there are even some existing Corbynite MPs who are facing reselection battles - Sam Tarry we already knew about, but it seems Ian Byrne (Liverpool West Derby) is also facing an uncertain future.

By The Weeping Angel
Abernathy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:26 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:24 pm Wasn't Tarry a LOTO Parachutist?
Indeed he was. Another attention seeking Trot disruptor.
Can't Angie have a fucking word ?
Yes and his rival for the selection was conveniently suspended on the eve of the hustings.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]