:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 6.3 %
By Spoonman
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:15 pm Rumours that Ress-Mogg might stand...
"Gentlemen, I'm here to announce that we have secured post-Brexit trade agreements with Siam, Abyssinia and Prussia..."
By satnav
How on earth is Penny Mordaunt 2nd favourite with the bookmakers? She has not held any of the top jobs in government nor has she ever made a major speech setting out her political philosophy. Her campaign video has already been edited half a dozen times because people featuring in the video don't want to be associated with her.
By Abernathy
I think it’ll be Hunt vs Truss in the final run-off, with the nutjobs in the wider party choosing Truss. Then, it’s only a matter of time before she makes an absolute arse of herself. All good.
Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
satnav wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:30 pm How on earth is Penny Mordaunt 2nd favourite with the bookmakers? She has not held any of the top jobs in government nor has she ever made a major speech setting out her political philosophy. Her campaign video has already been edited half a dozen times because people featuring in the video don't want to be associated with her.
Tits and obscurity.

Hear me out. The Conservative party is overwhelmingly male, older, and reactionary. Mordaunt isn't as closely associated with Johnson in the public mind, and like Wallace, has had a reasonably good few years (defence, then trade, during which Truss took the credit - and criticism - for what would normally be her work, including all the "copy/paste" deals). She's a Brexiter, from a forces family and background, undeniably posh, all to the good.

Plus, some of them probably think they might get lucky.

But mainly, she doesn't really stand for, or signify, anything. She's a blank canvas. The K-Tel candidate.
Oboogie, Arrowhead, Dalem Lake and 1 others liked this
By Oboogie
Abernathy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:41 pm I think it’ll be Hunt vs Truss in the final run-off, with the nutjobs in the wider party choosing Truss. Then, it’s only a matter of time before she makes an absolute arse of herself. All good.
Is Hunt really going to make it? I thought it would be Sunak vs Truss, however Patel may take Truss's votes when she enters the fray.
If the Gammon end up with a choice of Sunak or Patel, I reckon those who don't spontaneously burst will tear up their membership cards in disgust.
By Crabcakes
I think the wheels will come off for some of them when they face each other at whatever passes for hustings. Sunak is a paper-thin lightweight who gets arsey when questioned. Patel, Truss, Badenoch and Braverman are all, by varying degrees, fucking idiots. Javid and Zahawi (and also Sunak) are financially iffy. Chishti could fail to turn up and no one would notice. Tugendhat is too sensible.

My money is on Mordaunt or Hunt. Or possibly Shapps instead of Hunt. Purely on the basis they’re the best known and least likely to make a shatteringly stupid outburst, while simultaneously not having too many skeletons bursting out of closets.

Though obviously, I hope the Tory rank and file go for a proper loon. Assuming Boris doesn’t try and walk it back (and I’m not 100% sure he won’t…)
By RedSparrows
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:55 pm I think the wheels will come off for some of them when they face each other at whatever passes for hustings. Sunak is a paper-thin lightweight who gets arsey when questioned. Patel, Truss, Badenoch and Braverman are all, by varying degrees, fucking idiots. Javid and Zahawi (and also Sunak) are financially iffy. Chishti could fail to turn up and no one would notice. Tugendhat is too sensible.

My money is on Mordaunt or Hunt. Or possibly Shapps instead of Hunt. Purely on the basis they’re the best known and least likely to make a shatteringly stupid outburst, while simultaneously not having too many skeletons bursting out of closets.

Though obviously, I hope the Tory rank and file go for a proper loon. Assuming Boris doesn’t try and walk it back (and I’m not 100% sure he won’t…)
Imagine their first event... and then Johnson appears, standing in line like the rest, and says 'I'd like to put myself forward, as PM.'

Scenes.
By Watchman
It would appear the remaining Barclay brother is pimping for Badenoch

Update on the Telegraph's poll on the Tory leadership:

Badenoch 29%

Mordaunt 21%

Braverman 13%

Sunak 9%

Tugenhat 8%

The rest all on 4% or less.
By AOB
Spoonman wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:10 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:15 pm Rumours that Ress-Mogg might stand...
"Gentlemen, I'm here to announce that we have secured post-Brexit trade agreements with Siam, Abyssinia and Prussia..."
He'd go full Victorian and bring back workhouses. Although some might say Amazon and Sports Direct have beaten him to it there.
By Tubby Isaacs
Firstly on the climate of opinion, particularly in universities. A couple of weeks ago, a national survey of students revealed that 61% wanted restrictions on free speech, up from 37% six years ago. Only 17% believed in unlimited free speech. Free speech is no longer something we can take for granted as a commonly shared value.
Kemi Badenoch here, apparently running for the editorship of The Spectator, though it's absurd position even in that context.

How on earth does it work in the context of Prevent and IHRA definition of anti-semitism?
By Bones McCoy
None of the ERG (Other "research" groups are available) mentalists have thrown their stahlhelm in the ring.

I infer they intend to remain outsider nuisances.
Collect their "research" stipends and attempt to influence the party from the back benches.
A recipe for continuing conflict within the party.

What a centenary the 1922 committee are enjoying.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm seeing Tweets that the threshold to enter the contest will be 20 nominations.

Badenoch and Mordaunt the front runners among the bags of shit, sorry Conservative members.

Badenoch promising to allow Freeze Peach, protected in law...

Difficult to say who is worse...

In other stories Patel was the minister who passed 'dossiers' to the opposition, specifically about Sunak...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]