:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 6.3 %
By Boiler
Abernathy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:16 pm No Prime Minister has a personal mandate. That piece is utter bollocks from the very top.
Someone on the Today programme slapped that one firmly down in the week - the PM does NOT have a mandate as we don't have a Presidential System. The party has the mandate, but then you'd expect the Cunt In Chief to believe it's his and his alone.
Samanfur liked this
By Youngian
satnav wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:46 pm I think Wallace would have been the leader who would have the best chance of securing an election win for the Tories because he is one of the few Tory ministers who has done a good job in office.
This man has bedazzled us with his track record of being at his desk doing stuff he’s paid for.
Oboogie, Arrowhead liked this
By Oboogie
Youngian wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:14 pm
satnav wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:46 pm I think Wallace would have been the leader who would have the best chance of securing an election win for the Tories because he is one of the few Tory ministers who has done a good job in office.
This man has bedazzled us with his track record of being at his desk doing stuff he’s paid for.
Exactly. I'm afraid I don't buy the admiration for Wallace. Defence Secretary is often a tough gig, in peacetime defence spending is low priority and war is unpopular for obvious reasons.
So Wallace has had a remarkably easy ride: pretty universal support for military aid to Ukraine and there are no body-bags being repatriated to the UK. I can't think of any hard sell battles he's fought.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Zahawi in, and Trust apparently about to be.

I think I make Truss favourite, well placed to gobble up the Braverman and Badenoch supporters. Don't see Sunak having enough to be beat that. He'll get buried for being relatively honest on tax. That'll be seen as not believing in Brexit.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Samanfur
I see that Shapps is making it very clear which wingnut vote he's pitching for:

"Thanks to Brexit, we are now a free nation. Let's not just talk about the opportunities that follow, let's take them."

The former education secretary added that he wants to "focus on letting children be children, protecting them from damaging and inappropriate nonsense being forced on them by radical activists".
By Tubby Isaacs
Samanfur wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:49 pm I see that Shapps is making it very clear which wingnut vote he's pitching for:

"Thanks to Brexit, we are now a free nation. Let's not just talk about the opportunities that follow, let's take them."

The former education secretary added that he wants to "focus on letting children be children, protecting them from damaging and inappropriate nonsense being forced on them by radical activists".
Actually, I think that's Zahawi, isn't it?

Wasn't he Secretary of State for Education when this was all happening?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Samanfur wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:49 pm I see that Shapps is making it very clear which wingnut vote he's pitching for:

The ones with nothing to say just go for culture wars bullshit...
By Samanfur
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:54 pmActually, I think that's Zahawi, isn't it?

Wasn't he Secretary of State for Education when this was all happening?
It was definitely Shapps. I first saw the quote in a story that didn't mention Zahawi's candidacy at all.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:10 pm Dacre recruits former Revolutionary Communist Party cadre to hold the line. On a human level Jonathan Harmsworth needs to give Paul a hug. Never seen such sad desperate copy.
Can we get and "Up the'RA" for old times sakes Mick?
Your new best mate Farage managed one.
By Watchman
Every time I read “X” has entered the race, my continuation of that is; but the Homo sapiens sent them back
Cyclist liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]