:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
As others see it:
Le Monde wrote:Boris Johnson dreamed of a Churchillian destiny, his hero, with drama, sacrifice but also brilliant victories over adversity. The Prime Minister, 58, forced to resign on Thursday July 7, will go down in the history of British politics as a blundering and cynical leader, who spoiled in two and a half years, by his own fault, an unprecedented electoral victory for his Conservative Party, not seen since those of Margaret Thatcher in the 1980s.
Seems fair.
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:56 pm Read this, commit it to memory and recall it when they talk about their mandate.
In fact, there was no Heineken effect.
Polling data showed that Johnson was less popular at the last election than May had been in 2017.
He had an approval rating of minus 20 (May’s had been minus seven).
According to the election analyst Peter Kellner, “Johnson’s victory in 2019 owed less to his popularity than Jeremy Corbyn’s unpopularity.”
It can also be true that he played better than May among small demographics that flip seats.
davidjay wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:13 am
zuriblue wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:35 am I do wish James O’Brien wouldn’t sit on the fence like that. He’ll get splinters.

Yeahbut he got Johnson elected.
How so?
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:29 am
davidjay wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:13 am
zuriblue wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:35 am I do wish James O’Brien wouldn’t sit on the fence like that. He’ll get splinters.

Yeahbut he got Johnson elected.
How so?
It’s the standard Corbynista response because (a) he freely admits he voted for Johnson once (when he first stood as Mayor) but now regrets it, and (b) despite being hugely critical of the Tories, he didn’t give Corbyn a free pass at everything and thus is as Tory as everyone else who didn’t collapse in wonder at the absolute boy.
By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:51 am Fanboys and fangirls are out in force on social media today.

The keyword seems to be "disrespectful" - we are being disrespectful to their hero.

Among other bullshit
He probably saved your life.

Can anybody tell me which of the stages of mourning we're witnessing?
Stage 2: Anger.

https://www.cruse.org.uk/understanding- ... -of-grief/
Boiler wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:19 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:51 am Fanboys and fangirls are out in force on social media today.

The keyword seems to be "disrespectful" - we are being disrespectful to their hero.

Among other bullshit

Stage 2: Anger.

https://www.cruse.org.uk/understanding- ... -of-grief/
Tbf all their stages can simply be termed 'batshit mental'.
Watchman liked this

Among other bullshit

Arseholeism.
“Two vast and flabby legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a bloated visage lies, whose gurning grin,
And wrinkled lip, and snigger of gay jokes,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read.
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Bozzymandias, World King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye peasants, and be scared!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”
zuriblue, Nigredo liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]