:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Spoonman
Up-to-date-as-I-post odds from Paddy Power on both when Alex the big dawg is put to sleep and who will replace him?

AlexWhoTheFeckIsAlex1.png
AlexWhoTheFeckIsAlex1.png (12.06 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
AlexWhoTheFeckIsAlex2.png
AlexWhoTheFeckIsAlex2.png (88.47 KiB) Viewed 3405 times

Penny Mordaunt being the favourite in the current circumstances has to be a piss take, surely?
By Arrowhead
Youngian wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:28 pm Penny could be the female Boris; a lying racist with attributes Sun readers will like.
Yep, she could be very problematical for Labour and the Lib Dems. She’d be like a big splash of colour compared to Starmer and Davey. Doesn’t matter one iota whether she is any good - she’s probably as utterly useless as the rest of them - but she may well get them over the finishing line at a snap GE this autumn.

Let’s hope the Tories have already pissed off enough voters that an outright majority could be avoided.
By MisterMuncher
Spoonman wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:30 pm Up-to-date-as-I-post odds from Paddy Power on both when Alex the big dawg is put to sleep and who will replace him?

AlexWhoTheFeckIsAlex1.png

AlexWhoTheFeckIsAlex2.png

Penny Mordaunt being the favourite in the current circumstances has to be a piss take, surely?
Offering odds on Farage is an amusingly nasty thing to do.

Haven't his moron followers already been ripped off enough?
By Malcolm Armsteen
In which case, Steve Baker who believes:

Climate Change is a myth;
Discussion of Climate Change is child abuse;
Green policies should be rescinded.

He is anti-abortion;
He is anti-assisted dying;
He is a biker;
He is an Evangelical Christian who believes the country is going to hell;
He believes the EU is 'unaccountable' which is why he opposes it;
He considered the idea that parliament should be demolished.

However, In his Diaries, Sir Alan Duncan, admittedly a man ready to be annoyed, variously describes Baker as “the most useless minister”, “the little wanker”, “the vacuous little upstart”, “the turd” and “the nutjob” who “should be taken away by the men in white coats and certified as clinically insane”.
Arrowhead, Youngian, Boiler and 1 others liked this
By Spoonman
Spoonman wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:59 pm Meanwhile I hope the SOS for Northern Ireland for the time being at least has brushed up on his geography better than Dom Rabb...

God/Allah/Yahew, it gets better/worse...

...mind you, if Sammy Wilson finds out he called that certain city/county "Derry"... :lol:
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Cyclist
Only Tories would think that this is a good idea

Vulnerable residents could be hit by a social worker shortage if Hertfordshire County Council persists with a plan to slash wages, a union has warned.

Herts currently has a social worker deficit of more than 10 per cent - but has warned staff that it plans to cut pay in the middle of a cost-of-living crisis.

The council currently pays “market supplements” of up to £8,000 per year - non-contractual top-ups to social workers' pay - because the base salaries are too low to attract sufficient applicants.

But in February, the council claimed a review had found that some of the supplements “no longer reflected the market value”.

Despite already having 57 unfilled social worker posts (out of 541), Herts plans to reduce the supplements by up to £1,300...

https://www.thecomet.net/news/local-cou ... ts-9137564
What planet are these people on?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Serious answer.
A planet where slight wealth and considerable privilege has meant that they have never had to work extra hours to pay for basics. A planet where 'work' is light and easy, and paid well. Often in family-generated businesses where they have never had to compete for jobs.

A planet where the privileged cannot conceive of a brutal workload or a broken family budget so to them it is a simple, even logical, thing to ask others to work more for less.
Dalem Lake, Cyclist, Youngian and 2 others liked this
By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:34 am A planet where the privileged cannot conceive of a brutal workload or a broken family budget so to them it is a simple, even logical, thing to ask others to work more for less.
Some years ago now there were some radical changes at work aimed at cost saving. In an effort to stave these off and maintain the status quo, one (unmarried) senior colleague actually suggested that we offered to work additional days *for free* in order to achieve this. I don't think I have ever heard so many people tell this previously-respected individual to fuck right off.
By Abernathy
Boiler wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:34 am I read that Towood bias Ellwood has lost the whip for not attending yesterday's confidence vote.
rtant

Indeed he has. And purely coincidentally, suspending Ellwood deprives Mordaunt of what might have been a crucially important vote.
By Tubby Isaacs
Good thread by a former tax partner at a City law firm. In short, Zahawi looks like he's got a problem. The bad bit of tax planning is quite something. Offshore companies managed from the UK are treated like a UK company, so you don't do anything like fill in documents with London addresses on them...

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]