:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By satnav
He was essentially down in the South West campaigning in the Tiverton by-election which is party political business rather than government business but he his claiming that he had a number of government officials with him so it was cost effective to use the plane. I can't ever remember any other prime minister doing anything similar. Surely he should be supporting the rail network have invested £16bn in the network during lockdown.
Oboogie liked this
satnav wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:09 pm He was essentially down in the South West campaigning in the Tiverton by-election which is party political business rather than government business but he his claiming that he had a number of government officials with him so it was cost effective to use the plane. I can't ever remember any other prime minister doing anything similar. Surely he should be supporting the rail network have invested £16bn in the network during lockdown.
He does what he likes. Rules don't apply.
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
Well, to a degree, yes. He's a self centered Jerk who feels entitled to the good life, and will say whatever it takes to keep himself there.

So no, he's probably not a bovver booted racist chucking bricks through windows, but he's happy to cosy up to them and use their rhetoric. Which is, in a way, worse.

And by trying to be all things to all people, you end up satisfying none, because everyone sees you switching masks, telling people that you were only joking just now, and they know they can't trust you.
davidjay wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:32 am When Carrie inevitably dumps him and takes him for all we've got, expect the "He was alright until That Woman got her claws into him" line to be trotted out.
It's never the king, it's always his advisers, or else it's the woman's fault. Very old piece of narrativium.
On our Midlands Politics programme earlier on, they did another of their infernal vox pops, on the streets of Tamworth, Chris Groper’s constituency. These drive me fucking bonkers, as they seem to select only out and out morons to opine for the microphone . And yes, there was indeed a brain-dead woman of a certain age, who among other inconsequential matters, confided that “I love Boris”.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!

Sometimes, you feel there is no hope.
Vox pops crews regularly edit out considered or thoughtful opinions. Not that you get many of those on the street on weekdays during work hours. And always remember part of the business is putting out stuff for people to sneer at, convinced they're the only one in on the joke.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:57 pm Vox pops crews regularly edit out considered or thoughtful opinions. Not that you get many of those on the street on weekdays during work hours. And always remember part of the business is putting out stuff for people to sneer at, convinced they're the only one in on the joke.
Given that some of their coverage is fair and unbiased (Sophy Ridge) Sky News has an unhealthy obsession with vox pops with the hard of thinking. And I don't think they're being ironic, I think their OB crews are pants.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:18 pm
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:57 pm Vox pops crews regularly edit out considered or thoughtful opinions. Not that you get many of those on the street on weekdays during work hours. And always remember part of the business is putting out stuff for people to sneer at, convinced they're the only one in on the joke.
Given that some of their coverage is fair and unbiased (Sophy Ridge) Sky News has an unhealthy obsession with vox pops with the hard of thinking. And I don't think they're being ironic, I think their OB crews are pants.
It's cheap, it fills time, and you can't be accused of bias, because you're "just reporting what people are saying".
Not sure. There's too much apparent bias to be random.
davidjay wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:54 pm If the stories that Rothermere has the knife out are true, I'm not sure whether I'll want him gone, or to stay and prevent the Mail from choosing who should be Prime Minister
You wonder why now though, no one has particularly stepped up, has their canary in Durham police force told them some bad news?
Re: this story

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/minister-can ... 52957.html

If there is one thing I can imagine with absolutely no difficulty whatsoever, it's Boris 'tactless' Johnson - a man who repeatedly recited the road to Mandalay in a Myanmar temple while being filmed - saying 'Pincher by name, pincher by nature'.
davidjay wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:54 pm If the stories that Rothermere has the knife out are true, I'm not sure whether I'll want him gone, or to stay and prevent the Mail from choosing who should be Prime Minister
I hope he's gone soon enough so Dacre's alleged gong doesn't go through. That would be beyond priceless.

As for the replacements - well the pickings are so thin on the ground, and Dacre's second coming so much more unhinged and bitter, that I expect they'll plump for by far the least suitable candidate. Which is fine, as long as they continue the downwards trajectory.
Seen Peter Oborne’s rather brilliant website yet? I recommend spending as much time as you can bear there, before needing help to get your jaw up off your table/desk.

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]