:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:21 pm This couldn't happy, surely? Johnson going to the country because he was in a bit of trouble in his own party would make Heath's "Who Governs?" look like a winning strategy.

I think the theory is, if they want to get re-elected they have to show unity, and that means supporting Johnson. And then if re-elected he gets to leverage that, but crucially if not he gets to blame disloyal underlings. Win-win for Boris - he either gets back in, or gets to say it wasn’t all his fault and move on to what he really wants to do which is make money and get a load of freebies being a lazy slob on the after dinner circuit.
Also, like Trump and many other populists, his best mode is attack mode. Pump out the message - positive or not - and brush aside any questioning or criticism. Lots of stunts and prearranged photo ops.

And considering that due to a combination of Covid and utter incompetence, they have achieved fuck all since 2019, they can just do a quick find/replace of 2019/2023, and re-use the old manifestos.
It’s also, funnily enough, the exact same idea as Corbynism. And indeed most organised religions. Something good happens - entirely down to the big man at the top, so you’d better show him some love. Something bad happens - all your fault. Guy at the top is blameless - you just didn’t show him enough love.
Oboogie, Spoonman liked this
A thought has just struck me - this is the first time in forever that a Tory Prime Minister hasn't had a group of opponents inside Westminster. Thatcher had the wets, Major the bastards, Cameron anyone with any sense and May the ERG. Clownboy got rid of anyone with a differing ideology in 2019 so all he really has opposed to him is any MP who fears for their seat. This will surely make getting rid of him doubly difficult because his potential opponents are a bunch of duplicitous bastards interested only in their own careers and therefore unable to work together.
By satnav
The fact that there isn't such a clear cut group of rebels campaigning against Johnson also makes it a lot harder to estimate how many MPs will actually vote against him if and when there is a secret ballot. I think many of the MPs who might vote against him are keeping quiet in public because they are worried about upsetting their constituency associations.
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:41 am
I think the theory is, if they want to get re-elected they have to show unity, and that means supporting Johnson. And then if re-elected he gets to leverage that, but crucially if not he gets to blame disloyal underlings. Win-win for Boris - he either gets back in, or gets to say it wasn’t all his fault and move on to what he really wants to do which is make money and get a load of freebies being a lazy slob on the after dinner circuit.
It's good for Johnson, but no way will the public buy that. He'd be better off retiring to the US rightwing lecture circuit, but I don't think he's anything like ready for that.
Boiler wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:01 pm "Westminster bubble, the public want to move on"

Fuck off Dorries, you obsequious moron.
"We want the public to move on", more like.

Talk of yet another effing GE is downright surreal. I mean, what messaging would Johnson be running with? "Half my Tory colleagues think I am a self-serving, lying, untrustworthy, duplicitous bastard - prove them wrong, Vote 4 Boris!".

One scenario doing the rounds involves Team Johnson cunningly waiting for Starmer to stand down if/when he receives a FPN and then calling a snap GE whilst Labour are leaderless. At which point, presumably, they envisage Boris The Ledge steamrollering his way to a 150+ majority via a grateful British public. Utterly bonkers.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:24 pm
It's good for Johnson, but no way will the public buy that. He'd be better off retiring to the US rightwing lecture circuit, but I don't think he's anything like ready for that.
That hits the nail on the head though - “it’s good for Johnson” is the be all and end all of consideration of any idea as far as he goes.
Arrowhead wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:30 pm
Boiler wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:01 pm "Westminster bubble, the public want to move on"

Fuck off Dorries, you obsequious moron.
"We want the public to move on", more like.

Talk of yet another effing GE is downright surreal. I mean, what messaging would Johnson be running with? "Half my Tory colleagues think I am a self-serving, lying, untrustworthy, duplicitous bastard - prove them wrong, Vote 4 Boris!".

One scenario doing the rounds involves Team Johnson cunningly waiting for Starmer to stand down if/when he receives a FPN and then calling a snap GE whilst Labour are leaderless. At which point, presumably, they envisage Boris The Ledge steamrollering his way to a 150+ majority via a grateful British public. Utterly bonkers.
Dunno if that even works, suppose they could go with the “Corbyn comeback” message, the public might see it for what it is. Labour need to get as many candidates in position mind.
By Boiler
Arrowhead wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:30 pm One scenario doing the rounds involves Team Johnson cunningly waiting for Starmer to stand down if/when he receives a FPN and then calling a snap GE whilst Labour are leaderless. At which point, presumably, they envisage Boris The Ledge steamrollering his way to a 150+ majority via a grateful British public. Utterly bonkers.
How likely is it that SKS will get served a FPN? The whining from both sides will be fucking deafening if he doesn't.

Arrowhead liked this
By satnav
Given that the Durham police seem to be using questionnaires to re-investigate Starmer it is very hard to see how they will reverse their original decision.

What I did find interesting today was the suggestion that Johnson is planning to reinstate Downing Street press conferences to update the nation on his attempts to tackle the 'Cost of Living Crisis. ' If this does happen I can't imagine that Rishi Sunak will be too pleased if he ends up having to play second fiddle at these press conferences while Johnson takes all the credit for any new initiatives. I wonder if this could be a hint that Johnson is about to replace Rishi with a chancellor who would happily let Johnson run the show.
Abernathy, Watchman, Nigredo liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]