:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Watchman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:31 am
Crabcakes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:52 pm The only imperial measurements Johnson really need worry about is the ton - because he’s in a ton of shit now the underlings are happily reporting all his and his wife’s malfeasance, and the clowder* of dead cats it’ll take to distract from it

*really is the group noun for cats!

Two initial thoughts;
what was the wife of the Prime Minister doing alone in the No 10 flat with 2 un-named males?
had said persons been security checked
1) Whatever she liked, she's the wife of the Prime Minister so rules don't apply.
2) See 1)
By Boiler
Sadly, I think the truth amongst the electorate is rather closer to this.

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 11-07-58 Partygate How much political danger is Boris Johnson in.png
Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 11-07-58 Partygate How much political danger is Boris Johnson in.png (13.03 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 11-11-08 Partygate How much political danger is Boris Johnson in.png
Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 11-11-08 Partygate How much political danger is Boris Johnson in.png (9.64 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
By Boiler
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61621893
The government will launch a post-Brexit review next week on how and where traders can sell produce using imperial measurements.

Currently they must use metric when selling packaged or loose goods - although Britain's traditional weighing system can be shown alongside.

The review, which had already been signalled, will begin on Friday.

Labour MP Angela Eagle said it was a "pathetic" attempt to "weaponise nostalgia".

Under EU rules from 2000 copied over after Brexit, traders can use imperial measurements - such as pounds and ounces - alongside metric, but they cannot be more prominent.

In September, the government said it would review these rules as part of broader plans to reshape UK law after Brexit, and legislate "in due course".

It has confirmed a consultation on potential changes will start next week, to coincide with the Queen's Jubilee weekend, and last for three months.
By satnav
There was quite a bit of speculation in yesterday's papers about Johnson conducting a reshuffle in the next couple of weeks to try and shore up his leadership. Oliver Dowden is set for the chop because he has been blamed for the losses in the local elections and poor polling figures. Ministers who have not come out to robustly defend 'Big Dog' on TV and Radio are likely to be sacked or demoted. Those ministers who have come out and supported him on a regular basis are likely to be promoted.

The two cabinet ministers tipped for promotion are Grant Shapp and Nadhim Zahawi. Shapp's may well have been a loyal cheerleader for the prime minister but his record as Transport Minister has been pretty dire. Zahawi has been Education Secretary for less than a year and it will probably be late August before there is any tangible evidence as to how successful he has been in his current job. It is quite difficult to see what cabinet job would actually constitute a promotion for Zahawi. If Johnson keeps Sunak, Patel and Truss in their posts what other big jobs are there left in the cabinet?
satnav wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:36 pm There was quite a bit of speculation in yesterday's papers about Johnson conducting a reshuffle in the next couple of weeks to try and shore up his leadership. Oliver Dowden is set for the chop because he has been blamed for the losses in the local elections and poor polling figures. Ministers who have not come out to robustly defend 'Big Dog' on TV and Radio are likely to be sacked or demoted. Those ministers who have come out and supported him on a regular basis are likely to be promoted.

The two cabinet ministers tipped for promotion are Grant Shapp and Nadhim Zahawi. Shapp's may well have been a loyal cheerleader for the prime minister but his record as Transport Minister has been pretty dire. Zahawi has been Education Secretary for less than a year and it will probably be late August before there is any tangible evidence as to how successful he has been in his current job. It is quite difficult to see what cabinet job would actually constitute a promotion for Zahawi. If Johnson keeps Sunak, Patel and Truss in their posts what other big jobs are there left in the cabinet?
He’ll probably create some new ones
Watchman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:31 am Two initial thoughts;
what was the wife of the Prime Minister doing alone in the No 10 flat with 2 un-named males?
had said persons been security checked
Re: those 2 persons - the wording in the last sentence of this tweet intrigues me. I assume it implies heavily that they were mates rather than work colleagues, thus blowing the meeting excuse out of the water. But who knows? Maybe it was something even more bizarre!

Andy McDandy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:24 pm Apparently the term was "the gays", and refers to some gay friends of the couple. Or possibly Carrie living out some Will and Grace fantasy.
Surprised she didn’t use Johnson’s preferred terminology of tank-topped bumboys…
It's getting interesting now. It's almost certain that the required 54 letters to Graham Brady are in and that a vote of no confidence can be triggered. This being the case, Johnson will of course be keen to get the vote over with before the impending dual by-election kickings in Wakefield and Tiverton. I've seen an assessment that predicts he will therefore defeat the motion of no confidence, perhaps quite narrowly. Narcissist that he is, he won't step down, and under Conservative Party rules he is protected from another vote of no confidence for 12 months. Which means he will almost certainly lead the Tories into the next election after another 18 months of shambles as a weak and fatally compromised leader. The other interesting view I've seen is that much like Jeremy Corbyn, it really doesn't matter which new policy announcements he comes up with or how many, nothing can overcome the toxicity of his image as a man totally unsuitable to be PM.

All of which is, from a Labour point of view, all good.
Boiler, Nigredo, Oboogie and 3 others liked this
Nigredo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:07 pm What baffles me is how most of the shitgibbons he appointed are polling so high but whatever, I hope that's just the beginning of his ratings tumble.
Polling with the party's fanboys themselves. Gibbons voting for gibbons.
Samanfur wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:51 pm
I was skimming through the comments on that article last night.

It's amazing that there are still plenty willing to echo "doing his best", "massively popular at the last election".
Another cohort are invoking a "real world" which I (in Goves words) do not recognise.

The Boris loyalists are fixated on the wokes.
* Woke civil servants holding parties at number 10 while Boris was away.
* Woke friends of Carrie forming a 5th column for net zero.
* Woke journalists making him look bad with their articles in the Times, Mail and Telegraph.

You'd need one hell of an exorcist to coax the wokes out of their heads.
Was discussing the government over the weekend, and a common theme that emerged was the frustration with Johnson's frequent use of "we did what we had to", or "while we saved lives, Labour sniped from the sidelines" to justify their actions. The idea that just because they did something - no matter how craply or incompetently - they deserve praise, was for many a deeply annoying trait.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]