:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
Only if you think a man who would later become party leader would be involved in a process he isn't involved in even when leader...

And it's not as though Laura Murray would want to smear Starmer, is it?

The whole thing looks dodgy to me.
By Tubby Isaacs
I regret to tell you straight talking populist Andy is at it again. Plenty of people call out how stupid this comparison is (hardly anybody will , buy this ticket, it's any train, return, refundable if my business meeting is cancelled at the last minute). To use the example of somebody having to attend a funeral at very short notice. it's very easy to get quite a bit less than this. Try booking air fares on the same basis.

Cue people below the line saying that "you like getting ripped off, you shill".

By Tubby Isaacs
Yeah, there are much better ways of making the point (that train fares are too expensive) than what he does here.

The example I used of the funeral at short notice, for example, is still seriously expensive. And more broadly speaking, this is no way to get passengers back who have got out of the habit of taking trains during Covid.
By Boiler
The matter of train fares is probably better discussed elsewhere on this forum but where things fall down badly for public transport is when a family travels. In some cases at short notice you could hire a chauffeured car for less (and by that I mean a proper vehicle like a Merc S-class or BMW 7er with a uniformed driver, not some ghastly partymobile).
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:39 am An independent body to drain the swamp of the elites who are at it, should go down well with populist voters. But it won’t even register.
Dunno, parties have certainly cut through with lots of those voters. Expenses certainly did too.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]