:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Nigredo
Boiler wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:25 am Listen to today's "Today" programme and Nick Robinson's interview with Steve Barclay. It's in the 8.10 slot.

If you're not angry by the end of it, you're either a Tory or dead.

Is it a regurgitation of this?
By Nigredo
Boiler wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:40 pm
Nigredo wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:28 pm https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/e ... n=10:39:42

Suella Braverman was a bit unhinged in parliament the other day.
I don't get it - what's supposed to be going on here?
She has an outburst of a reply to Emily Thornberry's question. If you watch until 10:42:48 you get the full context. And that limp prick Hoyle only steps in to silence Thornberry's complaints about the answer.
Oboogie liked this
By Spoonman
Boiler wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:13 pm We are nowhere near a fucking dictatorship. Some people really do need to get a grip.
Comparisons with the Nazis are, in the most consolidatory way possible, utterly lazy.

However I don't think that comparisons with the PAP run Singapore, either at present or what they would like them to be, are a million miles off.
Oboogie liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Boiler wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:13 pm We are nowhere near a fucking dictatorship. Some people really do need to get a grip.
I agree the problem is that a lot of people especially online think we are and also they don't bother to read any history books or seem to come up with one scenario the rise of the Nazis which most of them seemed to have confused with the rise of Palpatine from Star Wars.
Boiler liked this
By Boiler
Spoonman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:34 pm I reckon Francois & Co. are one step away from apeing their brethren across the Atlantic at describing Imperial units as "Freedom Units".
I eagerly await "Freedom Fries".

(Errr.... no, I don't.)

One thing occurred to me: a lot of people still think of fuel in gallons, but don't do the maths in their heads to compute the price. How do you think rocking up at a forecourt to see the sign now say £7.72 instead of the previous £1.70 would go down?

I can't see this being adopted any further than by a few stereotypical gobby market traders. (Is the "Metric Martyr" still with us? Edit - no, he died in 2004 at the age of 39 from a suspected heart attack.)
Last edited by Boiler on Mon May 30, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]