:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Tubby Isaacs
There's always one more 2019 intake goon out there, isn't there? I present to you Mr Marco Longhi (Con, Dudley North).

Marco's distinguished observation:
"Dear Anand. Explain this and your ‘impartiality’."

On the funding he had noted: "For somebody so openly anti-Brexit to pretend that UKICE is remotely anything close to 'independent social science research and to provide an authoritative, non-partisan and impartial reference point will offend most peoples’ intelligence.

"There is no question in mind that they should ever receive taxpayer’s funds - all it would achieve is a Remoaner and Rejoiner narrative.

"Shut it down, the people have spoken."
There you go. Impartiality isn't to be gleaned from your analyis (no evidence is offered of any Remain fundamentalism, and Menon hasn't advocated rejoining. It's some goon like Longhi not liking something you've done in the past. All from the same people who think putting Paul Dacre or actual Tory peer, Lord Grade, in charge of Ofcom is fine.
By Cyclist
How thick do you have to be to post shit like this on social media, whether you intend to run for public office or not

The Conservative Party has suspended a local elections candidate in north London over past social media posts suggesting "the removal of all immigrants".

Stephen Antony Savva, a candidate for Brimsdown ward on Enfield Council, made the Twitter comments in 2017 and 2018.

In one post, he asked people coming to the UK to "stop dressing funny".

Enfield North Conservatives said Mr Savva had been suspended from the party after "reports of offensive tweets".

The association said: "We are currently investigating the matter and take reports such as these extremely seriously."

One tweet from Mr Savva's account, uncovered by national anti-racism campaign group Hope Not Hate, stated: "How about the removal of all immigrants?"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61312116
By Youngian
Savva is a Russian name. Another ladder-pulling Tory cunt with immigrant roots.

A woman called Charlie made a fascinating call to LBC this morning explaining how she only developed empathy when she lost everything. There was little concept of it growing up in her private school, pony club and university where she studied politics. She pursued a career within politics revealing her only motivation was career, prestige and status with her peers. Bettering her fellow citizens to prevent Elsie from freezing to death as a motivation wasn’t even on the cards. I like to be sophisticated in trying explain the motives of Tories (some are civic minded patriots), as crude demonization of opponents is a cop-out. But my gut is always telling me the same story as Charlie’s. Especially this lot.
Oboogie, kreuzberger, Arrowhead and 1 others liked this
By Rosvanian
Youngian wrote:

I like to be sophisticated in trying explain the motives of Tories (some are civic minded patriots), as crude demonization of opponents is a cop-out. But my gut is always telling me the same story as Charlie’s. Especially this lot.
Having decided that I loathed the Tories in the summer of 1979 when I was 16 years old, I've spent my adult life trying to understand why seemingly ordinary, working class people vote for them. Not that there's many of them where I live (Tyneside) mind, but it's true that the few people I know who are openly Tory (including a couple of people in my extended family) ARE selfish and lack empathy and are prepared to invent all sorts of ridiculous reasons why they vote for them. Millions of people vote Tory and as tempting it is to think that they've all terrible people, logic tells me that can't possibly be true. Or are they?
By Watchman
Youngian wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:20 pm Savva is a Russian name. Another ladder-pulling Tory cunt with immigrant roots.

A woman called Charlie made a fascinating call to LBC this morning explaining how she only developed empathy when she lost everything. There was little concept of it growing up in her private school, pony club and university where she studied politics. She pursued a career within politics revealing her only motivation was career, prestige and status with her peers. Bettering her fellow citizens to prevent Elsie from freezing to death as a motivation wasn’t even on the cards. I like to be sophisticated in trying explain the motives of Tories (some are civic minded patriots), as crude demonization of opponents is a cop-out. But my gut is always telling me the same story as Charlie’s. Especially this lot.
Did Charlie give any indication how she came “to loose everything” ?
By Andy McDandy
Currently reading "The Life of an MP" by Jess Phillips (highly recommended). She makes the point that while many MPs do have the best interests of their constituents in mind, by no means do all of them. She says that many on the Tory benches (and a fair few elsewhere) see their seats as entitlements and their constituents as a painful necessity. Many, as she puts it, played toy soldiers too much as kids and think of themselves as towering colossuses whereas if it weren't for their accents and connections they'd have problems getting any job at all. She also says that if you've made a half decent wedding speech, you're probably a better orator than 3/4 of the house. As she puts it, if Johnson had been born on a council estate and called Carl Thomson, he'd never have been anything. Not that he wants to accomplish anything in her opinion except get paid a lot and have a statue of him put up.

Oddly enough I've seen a piece by Charlie Brooker (brother in law of Rupa Huq MP) arguing about the same. For many MPs who are children of immigrants, they grew up with better English comprehension skills than their parents' generation, so served as de facto translators, social workers and legal advisors to their parents and their friends. From there into politics wasn't much of a leap.
Malcolm Armsteen, Youngian, Arrowhead and 3 others liked this
By MisterMuncher
Youngian wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:07 pm
Did Charlie give any indication how she came “to lose everything”?

Didn’t hear that part of the story. The call was on today’s James O’Brien show.
If they haven't given a reason, that probably means they fucked up all on their own. If someone else had even been tangentially responsible, you'd have heard about it.

It's a big help with that old "the poor are poor through their own laziness", that.
By Cyclist
I've just seen the co-chair of the Scum Party explaining to Kay Burley that "there have been difficult headlines over the past few months". He doesn't appear to have considered why these headlines have been "difficult". Tory losses are obviously down to the press being mean, nothing to do with the Tories being cunts.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I utterly despise the Dowden creature. He is a husk of a man.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]