:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
The rumour is that his team are also the ones leaking a huge Tory loss at the May elections and the Sue Gray report being an absolute horror show so that when the still utterly awful but not quite as dreadful as portrayed reality hits, he can claim it as some sort of perverse triumph. Like parading around in piss-soaked trousers demanding plaudits for not shitting yourself.
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
Like Ollie Reader claiming he did OK at the meeting in DC.

I think Johnson's going to be done for by the lies to Parliament. Per Adam Wagner, he's likely only escaped a fine for the garden party by a loophole at the time about it being his own house which isn't open to the others. Seems very little doubt there was a garden party.
Oboogie liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:28 pm Per Adam Wagner, he's likely only escaped a fine for the garden party by a loophole at the time about it being his own house which isn't open to the others. Seems very little doubt there was a garden party.
Except it isn't his own house, he lives above No11.
kreuzberger liked this
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:36 pm His debating style is to shout the opponent down, ignore what's being asked, and whine about it being unfair if anyone questions him.
In my experience, the only people who genuinely believe Johnson is some great debater honed from the mean streets of Oxford are those that think he's smart because he throws in a Greek/Latin word or phrase every so often.

Also see Tr*mp as an American example of an idiot's idea of a smart man.
mattomac liked this
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:44 pm Monkey Tennis.

The MOT proposal has already been opposed by the AA.

Considering one of my cars went from "pass with advisories" to "absolute fucking rotbox" inside a year; but then and again, cars over 40 years old don't need an MoT anyway.

Which means my mate Al and I could legally drive a car like this to the Lakes (he'd be Withnail).

Referring back to an earlier post elsewhere, the requirement for mandatory vehicle inspections vary from state to state in the US - and if yo see some of the cars driven in YT videos like Vice Grip Garage...
Last edited by Boiler on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who's had eyes to see what happened in NI when MOT testing became de facto every two years (in short, massive H&S issue at every MOT centre* delayed lots of tests, COVID delayed even more) for a while. There's a hard core of people who will only get the car fixed in order to pass the test, and you can see exactly who they are when the test interval gets widened. I drive at night a lot, and I can confidently state there's at least twice as many cars going around with one fully functional headlight as there was five years ago, for example.

*The system here is entirely different to GB, the tests take place at DVLA centres independent of mechanics. What happened was the supplied car lifts were under-specced and under-maintained, meaning out of 55 test "lanes"; for normal cars, about six were legal and safe to operate for a few months. The PSNI have been more or less ignoring MOT status unless a car is visibly fucked up.
By Oboogie
MisterMuncher wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:34 pm Anyone who's had eyes to see what happened in NI when MOT testing became de facto every two years (in short, massive H&S issue at every MOT centre* delayed lots of tests, COVID delayed even more) for a while.
How does that work with insurance, do companies still pay up?
As posted elsewhere, insurance companies will try pretty much anything to get out of paying out, but the current situation is sightly fuzzy, along the lines of if your car was ok beforehand and you'd already booked a test you'll still be covered in a crash. Maybe. If you're lucky.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]