:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By Boiler
Samanfur wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:44 pm "In an Islington suit", no less.

Leaving aside the fact that Corbyn doesn't have a Labour whip
which I recall Starmer pointing out -

Samanfur wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:44 pmCorbyn's the one with the actual Islington constituency.

Pathetic.
I'm waiting for someone to point out that the UK is now set to have the slowest growth in the G7 as a result of the Ukrainian war.
Boiler wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:04 pm That first Tweet made me shudder, for many reasons :(
As well it should. 5 hours for my mother to pass after they removed the oxygen mask, and bearing witness to it remains the single most wretched and worst thing I've ever had to do on this earth. And I was lucky enough to be by her bedside and not saying goodbye through a fucking Ipad.
Much love, buddy.
Nigredo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:48 pm
Boiler wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:04 pm That first Tweet made me shudder, for many reasons :(
As well it should. 5 hours for my mother to pass after they removed the oxygen mask, and bearing witness to it remains the single most wretched and worst thing I've ever had to do on this earth. And I was lucky enough to be by her bedside and not saying goodbye through a fucking Ipad.
My thoughts with you.

So many losses were avoidable, had the government made wise calls early.
Not calls of startling genius, just simple pandemic 101 precautions that ought to be writ large in every nation's contingency plans.
Instead we were treated to alternate strategies plucked form the fever dreams of self appointed genius "Moscow" Dom Cumings.
Plus a bunch of hoorays approaching the crisis as if they were organising their May ball. Down to "Oh, Pippa's besties with someone who's an absolute whizz on the DJing, and I promised her we'd sign them up!", with crap PPE replacing a pedestrian set.
Thanks all.

To return to the preposterous pork haystack, he's apparently ordering his MPs to block a probe into Partygate. Surely that's an admission of guilt?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... s-26750373
His defence will be that it's all done and dusted and let's move on. This is why he said yesterday that he didn't believe then and subsequently that he'd broken the law. He's basically saying that whatever fines are still to be levied, his 'apology' covers them all.

Meanwhile, enough of the distractions, on with the job, and, y'know, we might actually get those 40 new hospitals and 40,000 new police and all the crap towns levelled up if certain people would just bloody well let us get on with it!
The Tories are being whipped (3 lines) to vote down the motion to refer Johnson’s conduct to the Parliamentary Standards Select committee because :

Everybody already *knows* he fucking lied to parliament. They just don’t want it officially confirmed - which it undoubtedly would be. Numbers of Tories in marginal seats are beginning to get a bit nervous. Hence treating the vote as a no confidence vote. On the other hand, keeping a proven crook and liar as their leader might soon prove just as damaging to their re-election prospects. I’d hazard a guess that a meltdown in the locals in a fortnight’s time might confirm this, and maybe crystallise a good few more love letters to Graham Brady.
Apparently his message to the parliamentary party last night was "It's me or Labour".

On one level, a lot of his MPs know that without him they'd never have got into the party, let alone get elected. On another, it may be his way of saying that if they oust him, he'll wreak bloody hell on the back benches, in the media etc. Or he might be saying that none of his potential successors are any good. Or all 3.
Nigredo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:48 pm
Bloody hell. That sounds absolutely horrendous, and no way to go out or have to say goodbye.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]