:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By satnav
Johnson and other government minister keep trying to argue that the new policy is needed because the current system is too expensive, but the only reason the system is so expensive is because it seems to take around 2 years to assess an asylum claim. So the biggest cost is presumably providing food and accommodation for two years. If decisions were made in 2 months rather than two years it would only cost £1000 per applicant rather than £12,000.
Abernathy, Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
Having had a couple of days for this ridiculous plan to sink in, I still can't quite believe they're serious about it. The Nazis had the Madagascar Plan and now we have this, designed to appeal to the most base of right wing, psychopathic, racist nutters who are less interested in finding a solution to the illegal immigration problem than afflicting suffering and cruelty on people they despise. What next? Competitions in the Sun to visit Rwanda to point and laugh at their misfortune? And the DM is calling the likes of me a hand wringing do gooder. Fucking savages.
Nigredo liked this
By Boiler
Abernathy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:14 pm You do wonder why Priti Patel's mum and dad in Uganda didn't just nip down the road to Rwanda instead of coming all the way to the UK.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61126360

Priti Patel had to personally approve plans to send some asylum seekers from the UK to Rwanda after her officials voiced concerns about the scheme's value for money.

The home secretary took the rare step of issuing a "ministerial direction" to push through the scheme, meaning she takes personal responsibility for it.

It is only the second time the Home Office has used the power in 30 years.
They left Uganda in 1965, years before Amin came to power. She was born in London 5 months before the expulsion of Ugandan Asians. Her father was running a flourishing business, and is apparently the inspiration for Mr Jhabwala, the dodgy businessman who loans Francis Urquhart money at the start of "House of Cards". A little local finance being an euphemism for loan sharking.

The closest she's been to Uganda is watching that Forrest Whittaker film.
Boiler wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:06 am Ukraine war: Russia bans Boris Johnson from country over Ukraine war

Can we ban him from this country too?

Ten others as well including, perhaps surprisingly, Theresa May.
Yeah Theresa May throws up more questions, looks good for Johnson but I assume she knows something.
By Boiler
mattomac wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:24 pm
Boiler wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:06 am Ukraine war: Russia bans Boris Johnson from country over Ukraine war

Yeah Theresa May throws up more questions, looks good for Johnson but I assume she knows something.
I think the Beeb said it was retaliation for the diplomats she expelled over the Salisbury poisonings.
Boiler wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:33 pm
mattomac wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:24 pm

I think the Beeb said it was retaliation for the diplomats she expelled over the Salisbury poisonings.

Took them long enough to find out.
I'm probably wildly off beam here, and if others think it appropriate, will gladly wrap an entire roll of Bacofoil around my head.

But...

If the Russians see Johnson as an asset, then wouldn't they single him and the UK out as being the ringleaders in the opposition to the invasion, thus gambling on a greater chance of re election as people think of him as a strong leader who will stand up to the Russians?

I may have misread it, but their criticism of us and Johnson seems to be more vehement than that of say Macron or even Biden to a degree.
Oboogie liked this
The All New KevS wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:58 am I'm probably wildly off beam here, and if others think it appropriate, will gladly wrap an entire roll of Bacofoil around my head.

But...

If the Russians see Johnson as an asset, then wouldn't they single him and the UK out as being the ringleaders in the opposition to the invasion, thus gambling on a greater chance of re election as people think of him as a strong leader who will stand up to the Russians?

I may have misread it, but their criticism of us and Johnson seems to be more vehement than that of say Macron or even Biden to a degree.
I've been thinking for some time that their whole invasion strategy has been designed to promote State Asset One at a time when he needed it. Mine's the shiny one, third hatstand from the left.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]