:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By satnav
I used to work with a fairly cynical teacher who used to say that you could always tell when a pupil was in trouble with the police because their behaviour would suddenly improve because they knew that a good reference from the school could be crucial in avoiding a tough punishment, but this is exactly what Johnson has done. As soon as the case was passed to the police it was inevitable that he would get a fine so he worked overtime to ensure that he got some brownie points by involving himself in the Ukraine crisis. When he headed of to Ukraine on Saturday he probably knew that a fine was in the post.
Malcolm Armsteen, davidjay, Oboogie and 3 others liked this
davidjay wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:25 am As I saw elsewhere:

The pandemic turned into a get rich quick scheme, the fears of the most desperate into the fantasy of Brexit, the war in Ukraine to a PR and photo opportunity, the lives of those fearing persecution into a racist vote winner.
This sums it up nicely. All under the guise of a responsible government.
Oboogie liked this
The sheer cost and impracticality of the Rwanda “scheme” means it will probably only be used briefly, if at all. But it’s very convenient for Johnson to throw some red meat out for his more cuntish supporters.

The focus needs to be on the obscene cost. Because we all know it’s a fucking abhorrent idea. Now it just needs to be shown to be a practically terrible one as well so the sort of scum who’d defend it has to do so while also saying why millions should be spent on it while British pensioners go hungry.
Oboogie, Samanfur liked this
By Nigredo
RedSparrows wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:13 am
davidjay wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:25 am As I saw elsewhere:

The pandemic turned into a get rich quick scheme, the fears of the most desperate into the fantasy of Brexit, the war in Ukraine to a PR and photo opportunity, the lives of those fearing persecution into a racist vote winner.
This sums it up nicely. All under the guise of a responsible government.
To think we could have had chaos with Ed Miliband instead.
Boiler wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:33 pm PM vows to set record straight over claims he misled MPs over parties

From the SYB:

Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 14-32-05 PM vows to set record straight over claims he misled MPs over parties.png
Could be interesting. It was his tone deaf, arrogant attitude in parliament when the story first broke that nearly did for him, and if he’s being needled by Starmer, Blackford and maybe a few on his own benches he won’t be able to keep the nasty, entitled bully who loathes scrutiny and accountability subdued for too long. Another performance where he tells everyone that 9 minutes doesn’t matter and that £50 is peanuts could do more damage to him than a whole fistful of fines.
Oboogie liked this
davidjay wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:00 pm His main defence now is "Everybody was doing it". I say once again, in all seriousness, what the fuck will it take for him to have to resign?
His main problem there is, they weren’t. The only people who were were thoughtless, selfish shits like himself, people convicted by the plod’s often draconian application of the guidance, or desperate people breaking the law for their own or someone else’s benefit in terms of staying alive or staying sane. The former group probably already vote for him or don’t bother at all. The latter will be furious at his tiny fine and being lumped together with him.

Those who did stick to the rules though (and this was a cross-everything demographic) - whether it was just doing that, or doing that in harrowing circumstances, won’t forget it. And every time someone tells them to move on, draw a line under it or that it was ‘nothing’, it will make them more and more angry.

He could have drawn a line under it by offering a proper, sincere apology. Or by fessing up in advance. Or by not lying and saying none of it happened. But every time he chose instead to first bluster it out and second (when that failed) to try the exceptionalism clause. That he was a special case and that 9 minutes for him is fine and so on.

I really think this is what’s going to sink him, and I think he will fight it to the last and torch the Tories in the process because it stabs right to the heart of what he believes - that he is special. And there can be no greater insult to him, no bigger affront to what he believes, than to simply be held to the same rules as the rest of us.
Oboogie liked this
Just keep it on the boil...

Boris Johnson made a special request for Evgeny Lebedev and a Kremlin-linked Russian dignitary to bypass security checks when he met them as London mayor in 2015, the Guardian has learned.

Johnson’s friendship with Lebedev has come under scrutiny in recent weeks, including the prime minister’s decision to award the Russian-born media owner a peerage in spite of concerns raised by the intelligence and security services.

Official documents show Johnson had a meeting in his office at City Hall in 2015 with Lebedev and Mikhail Piotrovsky, the director of Russia’s State Hermitage Museum, who has links to Vladimir Putin....

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ty-in-2015
Is there anything else you'd like to tell us, Mr Johnson?
Oboogie liked this
By satnav
It looks like Johnson is getting his excuses early just in case his Rwanda plan fails.

I always thought in a democracy it was the role of the opposition to scrutinize legislation to ensure that it is fit for purpose and affordable. Johnson clearly has other ideas. This policy has clearly been rushed out to divert attention from partygate so there is every chance that it has not been properly thought through.
And it doesn't work.

The aim, apparently, is to crack down on channel crossings. How? Where do these flights get filled up? Are the French on board? Why not risk a crossing, evade the guards, anything other than getting sent to the back end of beyond?

Stupid, evil, incompetent crap from start to finish.
Dalem Lake liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]