:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:24 pm He has a standard spiel that he trots out. Whatever the question, he just has to link it to vaccines, lockdown, building back, level up, getting on with the job. It's a bit like the taxi driver "ignorance" test where you have to know the fastest way from any point of conversation to "send 'em back, string 'em up, I'd do the job myself".
Absolutely. Everything they do goes straight to "If you're not with us you hate Britain.".
Oh yes, his standard response to any friendly question: "Oh I agree entirely with [MP] who is a fantastic champion for [constituency], and I agree that [thing] must be done in order to realise its true potential, in contrast to that lot who want to hold it back".

Boosterism, a belief that just being optimistic enough, not whingeing, just bloody getting stuck in is all that's needed, and the worst thing you can be is the killjoy who points out a thing just isn't possible.

Edit - of course, one of the reasons he's doing this is that of all the - ahem - "IT lessons" Jennifer Arcuri gave him, it looks as if one - search engine optimisation - sank in. So by associating Alice Thicke, MP with her constituency of Loamshire, he reinforces that link.
lambswool, Nigredo liked this
By Nigredo
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:17 am Boosterism, a belief that just being optimistic enough, not whingeing, just bloody getting stuck in is all that's needed, and the worst thing you can be is the killjoy who points out a thing just isn't possible.
America went through a similar thing with Carter/Raegan. They were unable to accept the grim and uncomfortable truths of the former so wanted the sunny optimistic daydreaming of the latter. I think the results of trickle down theory speak for themselves.
Oblomov wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:23 am
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:17 am Boosterism, a belief that just being optimistic enough, not whingeing, just bloody getting stuck in is all that's needed, and the worst thing you can be is the killjoy who points out a thing just isn't possible.
America went through a similar thing with Carter/Raegan. They were unable to accept the grim and uncomfortable truths of the former so wanted the sunny optimistic daydreaming of the latter. I think the results of trickle down theory speak for themselves.
"Do you not believe in Brexit?..."
The cunt.
Nigredo liked this
One gay, one trans, one black, one Asian. "Some of my best friends are..." to deflect any criticism.
By satnav
Apparently the government has now performed another 'U' turn and now their will be a bill in the Queen's speech that will ban conversion therapy. Harold Wilson once said that a week is a long time in politics with Johnson it appears that an afternoon is now a long time in politics.
RedSparrows wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:33 pm Appealing to that core electorate. You know, those ones who like to think they're all about 'fairness'.
I've got a Johnson-worshipping friend like that. They're the real racists, or bigots, because they're the ones who want special treatment and all he wants is fairness with everyone treated equally. Of course, when it comes to his mildly-dyslexic son, all fair and equal bets are off.
Jim Crow 'fairness'.

Aristotle said that it is unfair to treat unequals equally as it is to treat equals unequally.
satnav wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:37 pm Apparently the government has now performed another 'U' turn and now their will be a bill in the Queen's speech that will ban conversion therapy. Harold Wilson once said that a week is a long time in politics with Johnson it appears that an afternoon is now a long time in politics.
Just not for Trans people, probably the worst effected. Alicia Kearns has been good on this, but yeah way to go on Trans Day of Visibility, how about announcing electric shock treatment for us during Pride Month.

Nye was right lower than Vermin, some at least.
I’m sure the U-turn and fuss on the day energy prices spike is entirely a coincidence. Who’s he pissed off? A group he doesn’t really care about. Who will be fired up by a ban now coming in, and blame ‘bloody poofs and queers’? Bigots.

Gets cost of living off of a few column heads and front pages, and gets a few more client journos asking Kier Starmer if women can have a penis, at the expense of an already marginalised group. Win win for Team Boris.
By Boiler
"So he wins again..."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... oters-dont

Just a few weeks ago, he stood on the precipice of losing the premiership. Someone who ought to know tells me that the number of letters submitted to Sir Graham got close to the threshold that would have triggered a confidence vote. Now the prime minister feels able to wine, dine and crack wise with his MPs. And to do so in the very same week that the Metropolitan police started issuing penalties for law-breaking at Number 10, imposing 20 fines in the first wave and with more expected to follow. It is appalling enough that the Met has found a pattern of criminality at the very heart of government. It is worse that the prime minister treats this as a laughing matter. One senior Tory present at the dinner says: “The number of jokes Boris devoted to partygate showed that he is either monumentally insensitive or monumentally self-confident.” Or both.

This confirms that Mr Johnson feels neither genuine shame nor sincere remorse for the rampant lockdown-busting in Downing Street during the pandemic. It also tells us that this scandal has not changed his essential character one jot. That ought to alarm everyone, including the Tory MPs who laughed along with his jokes.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]