:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
I think - given the current subterranean public opinion of the Met - while Johnson might be lobbying for a whitewash to get off short-term, long-term it would backfire. Especially if he decides to make even more enemies by throwing a few more people under yet another bus.

I mean, would anyone put it past him to knobble his chief threats of Truss or Sunak if the opportunity arose to see one of them fined? He’s such a weasel I could e.g. see him argue *he* was OK attending something in his flat because it was his place of work and residence, but Sunak wasn’t because it *wasn’t* his place of residence. All it needs is an amendable copper looking for a promotion (and I hear there’s a job available at the top of the Met…), and suddenly he’s ‘regretfully having to accept the chancellor’s resignation for a brief lapse in judgement’. Goat scaped, rival trashed, job saved.
By satnav
What I don't get is why the Met is spending millions of pounds investigating these alleged crimes given that even if everybody under investigation ended up being fined the fines would only generate around £10,000. Why can't they just issue the fines and then leave it up to those being fined to pay up or challenge the fines?
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:25 pm
I mean, would anyone put it past him to knobble his chief threats of Truss or Sunak if the opportunity arose to see one of them fined? He’s such a weasel I could e.g. see him argue *he* was OK attending something in his flat because it was his place of work and residence, but Sunak wasn’t because it *wasn’t* his place of residence. All it needs is an amendable copper looking for a promotion (and I hear there’s a job available at the top of the Met…), and suddenly he’s ‘regretfully having to accept the chancellor’s resignation for a brief lapse in judgement’. Goat scaped, rival trashed, job saved.
Obviously I don't like or know the guy, but I suspect he'd prefer to have them neutered and knowing their place at the cabinet table to them running wild over the back benches plotting against him and sharing insider knowledge.
satnav wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:30 pm What I don't get is why the Met is spending millions of pounds investigating these alleged crimes given that even if everybody under investigation ended up being fined the fines would only generate around £10,000. Why can't they just issue the fines and then leave it up to those being fined to pay up or challenge the fines?
It’d certainly be interesting to see who paid straight away and essentially admitted their belief in their own guilt
There is an MOD-wide ban* on using WhatsApp for official purposes because it *is* a security risk. We're not even supposed to use it for internal chit-chat, though a blind eye is turned to that. And here's the Prime Minister using a known security risk for official business? Did Putin insist on this?

The man's a complete liability.

* I suspect other government departments also enforce this ban.
Boiler wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:55 pm Another nail in the Meta coffin? I'm curious to know in what respect it's a security risk though.

Could be worse though - it could be Telegram... :lol:
If WhatsApp or similar third party platforms become the method of choice for encrypted communication than it becomes the target to hack into.
mattomac wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:15 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60837166

This concerns me on several levels one of the most puzzling is that it seems to suggest he can’t use email.
Those "private IT lessons" from Jennifer Arcuri have paid off well then.
mattomac, Oboogie liked this
Goes down well with Sun journalists and Spiked writers. Quite what it means to the average punter is anyone's guess. Following international football in person is not cheap.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]