:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By Boiler
Cyclist wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:59 pm
Boiler wrote:A somewhat insipid PMQs where Johnson accused Labour of taking money from the Chinese Communist Party.

However, Starmer did say something which apparently Dorries is looking into, and that's withdrawing RT's licence to broadcast in the UK. But, freedom of speech apparently.
I suppose RT provides the "balance" sadly lacking from the BBC in this matter.

No Nad, William Joyce was not employed by the BBC, and was not broadcasting from "somewhere in England".
Ever read the story about P. G. Wodehouse getting caught up in propaganda?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jun ... ties.books

The story of wartime broadcast propaganda is a fascinating one.
By Boiler
Meanwhile, back to *those* parties:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ce-caution

The first glimpse of a questionnaire confirms that Downing Street insiders are being questioned under police caution – and asked if they have a “reasonable excuse” for attending lockdown-busting gatherings.

Boris Johnson has already returned his replies to the Metropolitan police’s questions, and is believed to have argued that he attended social events in No 10 in a work capacity.

A copy of one of the official questionnaires, obtained by ITV, shows it includes the police caution: “You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you subsequently rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”
By Boiler
From the Guardian:

Chris Bryant (Lab) makes a point of order to say that Boris Johnson is going to correct the record over what he said about Roman Abramovich yesterday. (See 10.43am.) He says this is unprecedented; it has taken a Russian billionaire to get the PM to correct the record. He suggests that the Hansard edition containing Johnson’s correct should be bound in gold to mark the event.
Hansard is being nominated for the 2023 Booker Prize.
mattomac, Nigredo liked this
By Boiler
The All New KevS wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:12 pm One thing that did come out during PMQs was the pathetic, disgraceful display from the Speaker.

Caroline Lucas was fuming at him, and quite rightly.
Hoyle is quite possibly the most useless streak of piss ever to inhabit that post - the Tories chose him well. Could you imagine Boothroyd or Bercow allowing this?
Dalem Lake liked this
He's like a spineless supply teacher. "One more word out of you and I'll...". But he never will. There will always be one more "last warning". Unless of course you break the archaic rules, or offend his sensibilities, and that only seems to happen from one direction.

He'd probably be OK with two MPs fucking on the floor, as long as they didn't use any inappropriate language.
The All New KevS wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:12 pm One thing that did come out during PMQs was the pathetic, disgraceful display from the Speaker.

Keep asking myself if I’m booing the ref because I don’t like the decisions. Never asked this with any other speaker so the answer’s probably no. Was Hoyle a Red Wall hack who would have been a Tory if he grew up in Surrey?
By Boiler
Youngian wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:43 pm

Keep asking myself if I’m booing the ref because I don’t like the decisions. Never asked this with any other speaker so the answer’s probably no. Was Hoyle a Red Wall hack who would have been a Tory if he grew up in Surrey?
Appears to be a 1997 intake representing Chorley prior to becoming speaker and his father is a Labour peer.
The All New KevS wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:41 pm Probably be Johnson and Dorries.

Got that mental picture?

Sweet dreams.
That's saved me the trouble of cooking tonight...
By satnav
Johnson's team are currently trying to spin the line that the Downing Street parties didn't cost the taxpayer a single penny which is quite a strange case to make because firstly if everybody paid for their own booze then the argument that they were work events really doesn't stand up and secondly the parties have actually cost the taxpayer quite a bit of money because the taxpayer footed the bill for Sue Gray's inquiry, the Met inquiry and also any pay offs handed out to the Downing Street staff who conveniently resigned.
satnav wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm Johnson's team are currently trying to spin the line that the Downing Street parties didn't cost the taxpayer a single penny which is quite a strange case to make because firstly if everybody paid for their own booze then the argument that they were work events really doesn't stand up and secondly the parties have actually cost the taxpayer quite a bit of money because the taxpayer footed the bill for Sue Gray's inquiry, the Met inquiry and also any pay offs handed out to the Downing Street staff who conveniently resigned.
Always feels like they are heading something bigger off when they come out with stuff no one actually mentioned.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]