:sunglasses: 57.1 % :pray: 4.8 % :laughing: 28.6 % :poo: 9.5 %
By Youngian
Cyclist wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:30 pm In the case of the last two years Johnson really is the lesser of two evils - and I'm not saying that lightly.
About four months into the pandemic, I decided Corbyn was the lesser of two evils- and I’m not saying that lightly. He would have locked down more securely and quicker. And despite his brother, Jez wouldn’t have a gaggle of backbench libertarian loons breathing down his neck.
Arrowhead liked this
By Crabcakes
Youngian wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:44 am About four months into the pandemic, I decided Corbyn was the lesser of two evils- and I’m not saying that lightly. He would have locked down more securely and quicker. And despite his brother, Jez wouldn’t have a gaggle of backbench libertarian loons breathing down his neck.
I'd like to believe that, but I genuinely don't know. Corbyn has history of supporting outright quackery such as homeopathy, he would have had Piers whispering in his ear, and would he have pushed quite as much funding to nasty big corporate pharma without hamstringing it with caveats about making everything public domain? I don't doubt he would have been better at PPE purchases, but he's *also* been caught having dinner parties, being maskless in cafes when sat with people he doesn't know and so on. And of course would he have been able to keep his eye on the ball and not drift off into e.g pet projects like worrying about sanctions against Israel for not giving enough doses to palestinian territories.
Last edited by Crabcakes on Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cyclist, Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
By Youngian
Crimeans have a perfectly strong case in international law to return to Russia, which is the wish of the majority. If the West and Kiev don’t like that fact then tough luck. It was only given to Ukraine via Soviet era eccentricity by Khrushchev. The point though is that made Putin’s invasion all the more obnoxious not a justification.
By Cyclist
Has he finally gained some awareness, or at least found an advisor with more than one functioning braincell?

Jeremy Corbyn has pulled out of a rally demanding Arab states halt 'normalisation' of relations with Israel after it was revealed it is sponsored by groups with links to Hamas and other terrorist organisations...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rally.html
By Cyclist
I see Sir Keith is in trouble with Troo Laybor.

Young Labour took to their Twitter account today to criticise the Labour leader for his vocal support for Nato (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) as over 130,000 Russian troops amass on the border with Ukraine ahead of a potential invasion in the coming days.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... raine.html
How dare the man who wants to be Britain's next prime minister side with Britain's allies against an unprovoked aggressor?

The worrying thing is, quite a few of these Young Labour members will never grow up and out of this simple-minded school politics.
By The Weeping Angel
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... mg00000004
Sharon Graham, who became the union’s general secretary last August, ordered a QC-led inquiry into the project shortly after taking over from her predecessor, Len McCluskey.

HuffPost UK understands that Graham told a video call with Unite officials last week that an initial valuation of the hotel and conference centre had come in at £27m. A second valuation was then ordered, which puts its worth at £29m.

A union source said those on the call were left “shocked” by the figures.

The hotel project was built under the orders of McCluskey, who last year described it as a “sensible investment of members’ money, resulting in a world-class facility that will return an income for our union for generations to come”.
Another legacy of Len McCluskey,
By Abernathy
McCluskey is fucking corrupt. Was it simply coincidence that a considerable proportion of the building contracts for this 100 million quid white elephant went to Merseyside firms that just happened to be owned and run by Laughing Len’s mates ?
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]