:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Johnson is playing a riskier game than he realises. If he pushes it too much, Starmer may point out that as the buck stopped with him he took responsibility and apologised even though it wasn’t his decision -and he wasn’t even aware of the case at the time - whereas Johnson doesn’t take responsibility for even his own actions, doesn’t apologise, and doesn’t even seem to care about how much of an insult it is.
Oboogie, Boiler, kreuzberger and 1 others liked this
By Boiler
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:31 pm Johnson is playing a riskier game than he realises. If he pushes it too much, Starmer may point out that as the buck stopped with him he took responsibility and apologised even though it wasn’t his decision -and he wasn’t even aware of the case at the time - whereas Johnson doesn’t take responsibility for even his own actions, doesn’t apologise, and doesn’t even seem to care about how much of an insult it is.
The worst thing for me is that I have gone from merely hating Johnson to wishing harm upon him.
Remember when he threw Soames and Grieve and others out of the party for daring to go against him? Put his party into a minority. Could he do that again? Remember, a majority of 78 means that if 39 have had enough, he's in serious trouble.
mattomac liked this
Boiler wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:22 pm
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:32 pm Also, another letter has gone in. This time from Gary Streeter.
We're still a long way from 52 (or is it 54?) yet and I still think there's enough sycophants to put him back into office.
Indeed. But every one who pulls away gives someone else pause for thought as to whether they should follow suit. And Sunak and Truss will have to make a call soon on whether to push for the throne and call on their allies to put the boot in, or potentially lose their shot at being PM.
I've no idea where we are with the numbers*. About a week ago people were bandying around figures in the mid twenties but then it turned out it was only four confirmed. Now, according to the i, there are twelve as of 4pm but I think there may have been a couple more since then. https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/no-co ... id-1437207

*Obviously the only person who really knows is Sir Graham Brady
Last edited by Oboogie on Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:41 pm Remember when he threw Soames and Grieve and others out of the party for daring to go against him? Put his party into a minority. Could he do that again? Remember, a majority of 78 means that if 39 have had enough, he's in serious trouble.
Wouldn't think he'd do that. In 2019, he had to get the Brexit Party voters back, and chucking out sane MPs was a good way to do that. Swinson and Corbyn weren't up to peeling enough Grieve types off.

There's not a bunch of voters out there who he doesn't have now who'll be impressed with chucking out Tobias Ellwood and Gary Streeter. It's more likely that leads to more defecting to Starmer and Davey.
Nice problem to land in Johnson's lap.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ood-checks
Northern Ireland’s agriculture minister has ordered a halt to Brexit agri-food checks at the region’s ports.

The DUP minister Edwin Poots, whose officials are responsible for carrying out Northern Ireland protocol checks, said he had ordered his permanent secretary to stop them at midnight on Wednesday.
As I understand it, the UK Government would be expected to overule normally, as they're bound by the NI Protocol. But this isn't exactly the image the government is projecting to its base at the moment. It couldn't refuse to overule, could it?

That's a bigger trade dispute coming, one might think.
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:10 pm There's not a bunch of voters out there who he doesn't have now who'll be impressed with chucking out Tobias Ellwood and Gary Streeter. It's more likely that leads to more defecting to Starmer and Davey.
Oh, I dunno - there's still a *lot* of Brexit zealots out there who'd welcome it.
Even if they do get the 54, it's a long way from there to the number they'd need to get rid of him, and most of those who have written will be doing so because they're worried about losing their seats rather from any sense of decency. There's no way they will be leaving the party they helped shape.
Dalem Lake, Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]