:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bori ... -6tv2bxhkl

Though I doubt this is solely the fault of the pork haystack, I'm sure Shiny Dave and Gideon were perfectly happy to turn a blind eye to it as well.

EDIT: Good point @Tubby Isaacs , have linked an archive page below:

https://archive.is/CdzuX
Last edited by Nigredo on Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This would be good. Though I'm not sure how many senior backbenchers with any standards didn't get out in 2019.

A new raft of Conservative MPs are poised to send letters of no confidence in Boris Johnson when the long-awaited “partygate” report is published, as the prime minister was pressured by his supporters to oversee a complete clearout of No 10.

Newly elected MPs wounded by the publicising of the so-called pork pie plot are understood to have remonstrated with more senior colleagues for leaving them exposed. But a consensus has now formed among more experienced MPs that Johnson should face a no confidence vote.
By satnav
Johnson appears to have spent much of the last week meeting with various backbench MPs to try and sure up his support but he seems to have given different messages to different MPs. He seems to have told many of the newer MPs that he is very contrite and that he is prepared to change is ways, but at the same time he is telling long serving MPs that it has all been a big witch hunt led by Labour and certain parts of the media and that he will quickly bounce back. There two positions are clearly at odds with each other because if he really doesn't think he has done anything wrong why would he change his ways? And talk of 'bouncing back' suggest business as usual rather than making any major changes to his leadership style.
Oboogie liked this
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:06 pm Orwell:
Four legs good, two legs bad.

Modern Tories:
Fur babies good, refugees bad,
Where Pen Farthing cultists intersect on a Venn diagram with anti-vaxxers, Corbynbots and Brexiters I don’t know but it’s a similar vibe.
Boiler liked this
By Boiler

Modern Tories:
Rees-Mogg in the Commons today:

In the Commons Chris Bryant, the Labour MP and member of the foreign affairs committee, asked Jacob Rees-Mogg, the leader of the house, about the new email evidence that was published yesterday suggesting that Boris Johnson was lying when he said he was not involved in the decision to authorise the rescue of dogs and cats from Afghanistan last summer as part of the humanitarian airlift.

Rees-Mogg answered:

"Under Operation Pitting (the Kabul evacuation) our armed forces and civil service worked around the clock to evacuate 15,000 people, including around 8,300 British nationals and 5,000 people through the Afghan relocations policy.

This was an incredibly successful and pressurised operation and our armed forces once again, showed what amazing things they can do when called upon to do it.

And [Bryant] is fussing about a few animals. I think it shows the level of seriousness which he characteristically brings to today’s debate."
Youngian wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:28 am

Modern Tories:
Where Pen Farthing cultists intersect on a Venn diagram with anti-vaxxers, Corbynbots and Brexiters I don’t know but it’s a similar vibe.
Youngian wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:28 am

Modern Tories:
There's a strange crossover between animals rightsists and the far-right that goes beyond halal is cruel cos of the muzzies .
Meanwhile the fix has gone in. The Met have requested the Gray report not reference any events the police are investigating. So we'll get 2 reports.

Gray will say "Some bad stuff happened, but no mention of breaking the law". Met report (much later) will say "Some minor illegality, NFA". Sighs of relief in Downing Street, move on, sack some SpAds, never again, promise, line drawn. Any further criticism will be painted as whingeing about trivial details.

And I suspect that, going back to the 2008 expenses scandal, this is what it's all been about. Establish "ALL MPs are corrupt", and it's a short step to "Don't be surprised if they act corruptly", then "Best of a bad lot, but what can you do?". Destroy expectations of conduct in public office. Make the public see any apparently decent MP as a hypocrite waiting to be exposed, or a wild-eyed zealot. Set up a ruling class of literally "too rich/protected to fall", no matter how incompetent they are.
Boiler, Spoonman, zuriblue and 1 others liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]