:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:59 pm
Oboogie wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:22 pm I'm afraid the police inquiry means looks like Johnson's home and dry.
Home and dry with his party, for now, possibly. But now he has people who thought their time had come who will feel cheated, a public who will still be furious, an active police investigation into him, and a possible disaster in Europe to his roster of glory.

The public loathe an obvious whitewash. If nothing happens after all this, that fury felt by anyone who couldn't spend 5 minutes with a dying loved one while he flaps his jowls over a birthday cake will only grow and grow.
Agreed. I've been offline for three hours and the news has certainly moved on rapidly since my last post. Fingers crossed we get the Gray report soon.
satnav wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:51 pm Currently #ScumMedia is trending on Twitter. It is being used by Johnson's deluded supporters to try and blame the mainstream media for Johnson's current problems. Imagine a former journalist relying on such a ridiculous attack on the media to try and save his bacon.
It's the second line defence of the bully. When "It's just a joke, you've got no sense of humour!" fails, then it's a defect on the person pointing out the misbehaviour, not said misbehaviour.
Oboogie wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:22 pm I'm afraid the police inquiry means looks like Johnson's home and dry.
Even if the letters go in, I think Ukraine will be used as a reason not to change PM at a moment of national crisis - anyone mentioning May 1940 will be thrashed by the whips until they cry.
Cressida Dick seems to have earned that Damehood.
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
satnav wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:27 pm SkyNews now reporting that Sue Gray was sent pictures of Johnson at parties standing close to colleagues and holding bottles of wine. Let's see how Nadine explains these pictures away.
Is it specifically Johnson?
Boiler liked this
satnav wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:51 pm Currently #ScumMedia is trending on Twitter. It is being used by Johnson's deluded supporters to try and blame the mainstream media for Johnson's current problems. Imagine a former journalist relying on such a ridiculous attack on the media to try and save his bacon.
Presumably these are the same slabbers that otherwise talk about having a "robust, fearless" press and were strongly against the recommendations in the Levenson report?
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:54 pm
Boiler wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:59 pm Edward Leigh asking for a sense of proportion regarding Johnson "being given a piece of cake by his own staff when Europe stands at the brink of war".

Students of Hansard are going to have a field day in decades to come, aren't they?
As I saw in a tweet in reply, we never change leader on the brink of conflict - just ask the winner of World War 2, Neville Chamberlain
And if it came down to Putin vs. Johnson, Putin would be laughing his fucking arse off.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]