:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
I read that Sue Gray spent time as a pub landlady, reading further it appears this was in the 1980’s in Newry. I’m guessing that due to its location and date, some of the “customers” she encountered make her dealing with the Chief Whip a walk in the park
Crabcakes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:57 pm
Abernathy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:03 pm Anybody else wishing they’d just fucking get on with it and bin Johnson off ?
Oh god no - I want this as drawn out, damaging for the Tories and humiliating for him as possible. I want every last fraud, lie and scheme exposed.
I also would enjoy the pork haystack being dragged through several miles of effluence but I do worry if it’ll dull Starmer’s chances of being leader if he can’t force this government’s hand on anything despite the rampant and baked-in venal and hypocritical corruption.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:24 pm Oh dear. Seems like hardballing TfL might not be such clever politics after all. Leave them with a cash crisis, and they shoot the white elephants.

A very expensive dogwhistle. Continental bendy buses Vs Good ol’ London town Routemasters was never aimed at Londoners who use buses.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Oblomov wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:18 pm
I also would enjoy the pork haystack being dragged through several miles of effluence but I do worry if it’ll dull Starmer’s chances of being leader if he can’t force this government’s hand on anything despite the rampant and baked-in venal and hypocritical corruption.
Yeah, but the risk there is oust Boris, get someone in who isn't *quite* as openly corrupt who does a few fringe tidying measures and suddenly you have what's still a 70+ seat majority passing laws because the boat feels steadier and they want to be compliant in the hope the new broom promotes them up the ranks - and Labour just look neutered because there's still very little you can do against that big a bloc vote without significant defections.

But with an unpopular, bullshitting leader who'll promise anything to anyone you get chaos, panic, incompetence, knee-jerk stupidity and thus defeats, in-fighting and a perception of absolute uselessness as their own ranks feel comfortable to rebel and senior figures plot their own ascension. And Labour look like a government in waiting.
davidjay, Cyclist, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Boiler
Crabcakes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:54 pm But with an unpopular, bullshitting leader who'll promise anything to anyone you get chaos, panic, incompetence, knee-jerk stupidity and thus defeats, in-fighting and a perception of absolute uselessness as their own ranks feel comfortable to rebel and senior figures plot their own ascension. And Labour look like a government in waiting.
But at the risk of drawing fire, who's to say that in two years' time that all this will have been forgotten, save for a few blogs and newspapers that very few read and with a restored "Fun Time Boris" up against the worthy-but-dull Starmer, that once again he'll be back in with a majority? Or, worse still, that the Tories will have found a "disruptor" that will be even more appealing to the DM/Sun/Telegraph mindset? You know the sort of thing - withdraw completely from the ECJ/ECHR, put capital punishment on the table, finally kill the BBC off, withdraw ever more social benefits, deport immigrants without question and "reform" the NHS so there can be a top rate of income tax of 10%?

And then once again Labour can indulge itself in yet another interminable internecine power struggle over who lost the election.

I dunno. Maybe the sudden withdrawal of my ADs is having an effect but I don't hold out much hope.
Last edited by Boiler on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who the fuck is Tom Gribbin?

Or should I ask whose sock puppet?
By satnav
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:31 pm Yeah, I'm wondering, how many of those are in any way unfair?

Was surveillance equipment installed outside Carrie's flat?
I thought it was the next door neighbours who had reported the fracas at Carrie's flat when Johnson was pissed, no surveillance equipment was mentioned at all.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]