:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 3.3 % :laughing: 26.7 % :cry: 26.7 % :🤗 10 % :poo: 3.3 %
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:38 am More party stuff on the news this morning.

Civil servant is investigating any possible ethics breach.
If found it will be referred, for judgement, to the Prime Minister.

What a pathetic system.
A nation that once led the world in science and engineering is now best known for loopholes.
I hate to be pedantic, but that nation of which you speak was Scotland.
Tom Hunt’s dad Bill is a senior Tory councillor in Cambs and has a reputation as an ignorant, rude cocksucker. His son doesn’t even possess his level of finesse. The 2019 new Tory in-take must be worst collection of dregs that’s ever entered the Commons.
I suspect that's why they are hanging on for dear life.

They're all inextricably tied to the smirking Toby jug. They're nothing without him. Not one of them has anything to offer, no vision, no idea of what Conservatism could be without him. And they need him to sell it. Even with all this going on, there's still just about enough people who still buy his act to hold onto power. Everyone else is either superficially nice but cellophane (Truss, Sunak), a vicious idiot (Patel, Raab), or on the back benches, an out and out nutter (Swayne, Baker, Francois, Leigh, oh my God the list goes on), or an identikit Tory Boy (Big Dinners Rowland Browning cosplayer, Dehenna Mitford-Davidson, Percy Weasley from Stoke, Ipswich lynch mob kid, oh FFS this list also just goes on and on).

Who's left? Gove. And that needs an ultra-safe seat because anywhere else he'd crash and burn.
mattomac, Nigredo, davidjay and 1 others liked this
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm I suspect that's why they are hanging on for dear life.

They're all inextricably tied to the smirking Toby jug. They're nothing without him. Not one of them has anything to offer, no vision, no idea of what Conservatism could be without him. And they need him to sell it. Even with all this going on, there's still just about enough people who still buy his act to hold onto power. Everyone else is either superficially nice but cellophane (Truss, Sunak), a vicious idiot (Patel, Raab), or on the back benches, an out and out nutter (Swayne, Baker, Francois, Leigh, oh my God the list goes on), or an identikit Tory Boy (Big Dinners Rowland Browning cosplayer, Dehenna Mitford-Davidson, Percy Weasley from Stoke, Ipswich lynch mob kid, oh FFS this list also just goes on and on).

Who's left? Gove. And that needs an ultra-safe seat because anywhere else he'd crash and burn.
Hunt…

It feels a bit like I bet on May to win the leadership as it felt obvious he was the only one.

Considering he is as bad as the others doesn’t mean a lot
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... is-johnson

I believe there was inklings of this under Cameron and May that was more an insidious favouritism, it's now becoming explicit that Tories will punish opponents of their ideology.
I'm sure funtime Boris would never plan attacks on people who upset him.

On the blackmail for constituency resources, I assumed this was all "just business".
Think how many times funding to opposition regions has been pulled while resources in the leafy blue shires have rarely had to go begging.
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:31 pm I'm sure funtime Boris would never plan attacks on people who upset him.

I'm sure the mere suggestion would have him open-mouthed, like a fish. A goldfish, for example, or possibly a guppy.
I’m guessing that at the next round of election canvassing, the line will be “I was only following orders”
Canvassing? Oh my sweet summer child...

Considering that in 2015, in my mum's solidly Tory ward (flip seat though), the only thing we saw of the Tory candidate was an activist running up her driveway, shoving a leaflet through the door, and scarpering when I went to open it.

There were also reports of Tory canvassers in 2017/19 being told to avoid homes with visible bookshelves, as they were likely not favourably responsive to them.
Watchman wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:10 am I’m guessing that at the next round of election canvassing, the line will be “I was only following orders”
Or on the pork haystack's case, "I was only following hors d'oeuvres".
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]