:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
I think the red meat for the big dog won’t work. They can’t really touch the BBC until 2027. The levelling up won’t come to anything when Sunak refuses to bankroll it, so it’ll be another empty promise. That leaves hoping the military will stop some poor people in boats without accidentally killing some children before anyone notices that the govt. will soon be letting in more immigrants from India.

And that’s before considering the public have past the point of no return where you can’t do anything without it immediately being seen as a bribe even when it isn’t - and in this case, it *is* a bribe. Plus of course, is there anyone who thinks that there isn’t something else to come out in the next 2 years? What’s Johnson going to offer next to try and cover himself - National service? Corporal punishment?
Dalem Lake, Abernathy, RandomElement and 2 others liked this
Part of me hopes that he does scrap all covid restrictions, and gets a subsequent boost in the polls. Because that will prove how downright stupid many people are and how they get the government they deserve. Then I remember the rest of us, and we most certainly don't.
Dalem Lake liked this
Usually there's a cover story to make it a bit more palatable. Anthony Eden quit due to "ill health" after Suez, but he was about to be accused of misleading the Commons, and he was off his tits most of the time.

IIRC a few were booted out in the 19th century for screwing up, but more recently it's been "take the honourable option and we'll go easy on you".
mattomac liked this
It's a pity the glass of scotch, Webley and open French doors isn't an option.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:35 am It's a pity the glass of scotch, Webley and open French doors isn't an option.
He'd miss.
mattomac, kreuzberger liked this
He'd never miss the French doors.....they lead out to the garden, and the party!
davidjay, RandomElement, kreuzberger and 2 others liked this
davidjay wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 pm i'm now starting to wonder what Cumming's Hiroshima revelation will be - the one final act that brings the whole sorry mess to a conclusion.
I don't think he's got receipts on Johnson knowing about the party, sadly. Or else it'll be Johnson's name on an email which he'll say he didn't see.
People that worked with every PM from Thatcher to May in No 10 have Tweeted the same. I believe it was Oliver Dowden who set off this ludicrous accusation that the civil service has an ingrained office drinking culture. I doubt they even did when Don Draper was knocking back Martinis.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]