:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
The All New KevS wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:04 pm The fact that this email is being reported by everyone now except the BBC is pretty damning to be honest

The state broadcaster is now trying to play down the numbers who were in attendance.

"A few civil servants have been let go whilst the majority 'did the right thing' and clapped on the doorstep." These scripts write themselves, don't they?

I suppose it all depends now upon what the BBC, Murdoch, and the Met can cook up before another lid is blown off the whole sorry story. They might have avoided the Sunday papers but PMQs is still a tank-trap which they will struggle to negotiate....unless Ilie Năstase opts to speak his branes.
By satnav
I think ultimately the sharp rise in energy prices will damage Johnson more than claims about parties at 10 Downing Street but what the stories about parties do his make sure that Johnson is constantly on the back foot and when he does start to make promises and pledges about tackling rising energy prices people simply won't believe him.
satnav wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:39 pm I think ultimately the sharp rise in energy prices will damage Johnson more than claims about parties at 10 Downing Street but what the stories about parties do his make sure that Johnson is constantly on the back foot and when he does start to make promises and pledges about tackling rising energy prices people simply won't believe him.
Johnson was there to keep the populist Brexit sentiment in the bank for the galaxy-brain free market wonk Brexit types that run his party. Now, he can't please both. He subsidises fuel or he starves people, either way one half is gone.

Ordinarily, two wings of the Tories eating each other is time to pass the salt. Not so much this time, as I think ultimately the money will win
mattomac wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:14 am It’s like a boxing match, but he is only getting breaks during the interval between rounds.

He set his government as anti elite, these parties probably destroy that.
By elites, they mean "swish clever bastards". Rich is still aspirational, as long as you're crude with it.
Nigredo liked this
Oboogie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:34 am Excellent coverage of the party on Newsnight last night, I wonder how much longer the BBC will be allowed to continue?
I'm looking forward to the pork haystack having a full Joffrey Baratheon-style meltdown, thumping his desk and effetely jabbering "I AM THE PRIME MINISTER!" as if that will bend everyone to his craven and venal will.
I'm looking forward to him standing atop the houses of Parliament in the Urquhart roof garden, furiously masturbating a la Homelander in The Boys, screaming "I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!".

Well, not so much looking forward as grimly expecting.
Nigredo liked this
Thornberry spot on, there.
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:47 am I'm looking forward to him standing atop the houses of Parliament in the Urquhart roof garden, furiously masturbating a la Homelander in The Boys, screaming "I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!".

Well, not so much looking forward as grimly expecting.
Frankly, if Brenda was to pop off, he could do that over the coffin lying in state in Westminster Hall, whilst wearing the crown that was placed on it, then use the Royal Standard draped over it as a tissue when he was done, and some saps would still say "But he's doing his best".
"He's a character."

"Jeremy Corbyn, eh?"

"The sort of bloke you could go down the pub with."

"Remember when he was on the telly?"

"Makes me laugh."

dribble, dribble...
We are now in the preposterous situation where the pork haystack is trying to deny knowledge of a party he provably attended, and is ordering an investigation into something that happened metres from his own living room.

Getting tangled up in lie after lie would remind me of Scott Templeton towards the end of The Wire, but unfortunately our more robust times just make it seem more akin to North Korea.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:43 am "He's a character."

"Jeremy Corbyn, eh?"

"The sort of bloke you could go down the pub with."

"Remember when he was on the telly?"

"Makes me laugh."

dribble, dribble...
Yeah I saw someone attack Labour for not criticising him enough this morning on Simple politics, the 20 or so comments after gave the commentator a bit of a kicking which is good.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]