:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By Cyclist
It's the way this bollocks is being trumpeted as a success that gets me. Two of the things mentioned in that Grauniad article were never banned by the EU, the third is predicted to be devastating to British livestock farmers in the medium to long term.

But blue passports.

PS Does anyone have any recipes for sovereignty? When the supermarket shelves are empty we'll still have plenty of that, apparently.
Lord Geidt's let Johnson off but said he might not have done if he'd had all the info. I think he was always going to let Johnson off- it's not really a process geared to deciding on the fate of the PM. But he's gone further than I thought he would, and it's set up nicely for Labour.

"Prime Minister, Lord Geidt said he didn't have all the info. Can you call him in again?"
"Er..."
I read Geidt's bio this afternoon. He's basically as establishment as they come, without being actually royal.

He's also no stranger to allegations of misconduct and skirting the truth.
And another investigation is brewing

Boris Johnson has been accused of corruption after it emerged that he sought funds for his flat refurbishment from a Conservative donor while promising to consider plans for a mystery “great exhibition”.

The prime minister is facing fresh questions after newly published WhatsApp messages with the Tory peer David Brownlow show Johnson called parts of his Downing Street residence a “tip” and asked for “approvals” so his decor designer, Lulu Lytle, could “get on with it” in November 2020.

He signed off the message by saying: “Ps am on the great exhibition plan Will revert.” Lord Brownlow replied: “Of course, get Lulu to call me and we’ll get it sorted ASAP! Thanks for thinking about GE2.”...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... lat-refurb
Whatever it is, it doesn't look good.
Cyclist wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:13 am And another investigation is brewing

Boris Johnson has been accused of corruption after it emerged that he sought funds for his flat refurbishment from a Conservative donor while promising to consider plans for a mystery “great exhibition”.

The prime minister is facing fresh questions after newly published WhatsApp messages with the Tory peer David Brownlow show Johnson called parts of his Downing Street residence a “tip” and asked for “approvals” so his decor designer, Lulu Lytle, could “get on with it” in November 2020.

He signed off the message by saying: “Ps am on the great exhibition plan Will revert.” Lord Brownlow replied: “Of course, get Lulu to call me and we’ll get it sorted ASAP! Thanks for thinking about GE2.”...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... lat-refurb
Whatever it is, it doesn't look good.
Great Exhibition: When he used to flash his privates at the Spectator's lady columnists.
Nigredo liked this
Why am I picturing Johnson in a camel hair coat, stuffing a bag of readies into the back of a van, just out of sight of a crappy Winter Wonderland somewhere off the M25 full of crying kids, outraged and ripped off parents, sweary elves, a drunk Santa and a dog with antlers nailed to its head?

Or maybe this is what he has in mind:

davidjay, Nigredo liked this
It is, quite plainly, rank and obvious venal corruption. No other way to put it.

He will probably get away with it though - which speaks volumes about what our society has become, and how inadequate or systems of regulation are.
Oboogie liked this
Does anyone mind if I repeat what I've said before?

When this bastard finally shambles out of Downing Street, his abiding legacy won't be Brexit, or incompetence in a crisis, or a basketcase economy. it will be that he was the man who normalised corruption and lying in public office, and made "They're all as bad as each other" into the nation's default position.
Bones McCoy, Andy McDandy, Abernathy and 2 others liked this
I wonder what single, awful occurrence that is the direct result of Johnson’s scheming, laziness and incompetence is to blame for the particularly severe spiralling cost of living that the U.K. is uniquely experiencing? Hmmmmmm.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ing-crisis
mattomac liked this
All getting a bit reminiscent of Brown's final days, where he could do absolutely no right in the eyes of the press. Though Brown gets a pass from me because few of the day-to-day disasters were borne of his own doing.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]