:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 3.3 % :laughing: 26.7 % :cry: 26.7 % :🤗 10 % :poo: 3.3 %
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:22 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:37 pm Joe Strummer. 19 years dead today, as it happens.
Can't believe it's so long.
Looked fit and up for it when I saw him with the Mescaleros the summer before his death. He was on the bill with the Pogues with a returning Shane McGowen. I’d never put money on Shane being the one alive two decades later.
Youngian wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:25 am
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:37 pm Joe Strummer. 19 years dead today, as it happens.
Looked fit and up for it when I saw him with the Mescaleros the summer before his death. He was on the bill with the Pogues with a returning Shane McGowen. I’d never put money on Shane being the one alive two decades later.
See also the chances of Spike Milligan being the Last Goon Standing.
davidjay wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:11 pm
Youngian wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:25 am

See also the chances of Spike Milligan being the Last Goon Standing.
Or indeed Keef: still odds on to be last stone rolling.
Strummer was done for by an undiagnosed heart condition. Same for a cousin of mine in the last year, a lovely big, daftie who loved his carp fishing and football. He simply fell of his perch.

I was messaging with my aunt and uncle yesterday. They are still shell-shocked.
Same thing happened to my Dad.

Fit as a butcher's dog, as far as anyone knew. Walked about ten miles per day with the dogs, spent his weekends either in his garden or bombing around the local lake on his dinghy, and spent his evenings as captain of the local seniors' table tennis team.

Went down the road to a match one night, finished his game, sat down, closed his eyes and toppled off his chair.

He'd never had heart trouble before that we knew of, but his aorta gave out, due to an undiagnosed blockage. It could've happened in the middle of the resus room at A&E, and it probably wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference.
Is this what Sunak was discussing the other week?

Ministers have been urged to retain a facility that can swiftly create and test new vaccines, amid concerns over the sale of a leading centre originally designed to prepare Britain for future pandemics.

Some senior medical figures have privately raised concerns that government officials are examining bids for the Vaccine Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC), near Oxford, which has benefited from millions in public funding during its development...

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/202 ... scientists
The price of everything...
kreuzberger wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:50 pm Strummer was done for by an undiagnosed heart condition. Same for a cousin of mine in the last year, a lovely big, daftie who loved his carp fishing and football. He simply fell of his perch.

I was messaging with my aunt and uncle yesterday. They are still shell-shocked.
Suspect a similar thing happened to my paternal grandmother. My dad and uncle went out to watch football and in the meantime their mum had a heart attack out of nowhere and perished.

The first of 4 grand parents to pass from heart failure, makes me rather worried about when I'll meet a certain fate but the doctors haven't found anything to worry about yet.
Now they're quietly dumping their green policies.

The government has quietly backtracked on proposals to require every shop, office or factory in England to install at least one electric car charger if they have a large car park, prompting criticism by environmental campaigners.

The original plan required every new and existing non-residential building with parking for 20 cars or more to install a charger. However, the Department for Transport (DfT) has now revealed it will only require chargers be installed in new or refurbished commercial premises amid fears over the cost for businesses, according to a response to a consultation.

https://amp.theguardian.com/environment ... olled-back
'fears over the costs for businesses'.

Trumps environmental concerns every time.
Business as usual. Just making sure their mates are alright.

Labour lambasts reported £330k award of public money to repair peer’s road

Lisa Nandy questions whether ‘filling in potholes for a Conservative peer’ is what PM means by levelling-up

Labour has demanded ministers explain why £330,000 of taxpayers’ money was spent on repairing a pothole-ridden road reportedly owned by a former Tory peer.

Lisa Nandy, the shadow levelling-up secretary, called on the government to say “how this happened and what steps are being taken to ensure it does not happen again”.

It came after the Daily Mail reported the money had been spent on improving the road on land owned by the eighth Viscount Gage. He inherited his title in 1993 and was removed from the House of Lords, alongside the majority of his fellow hereditary peers, in 1999.

The lane leads to Charleston, an artists’ house and studio museum in the South Downs in East Sussex...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... peers-road
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]