:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By Boiler
Over lunch, my friend was telling me that the French are basically saying "if you think Macron's bad, have a look at Johnson." Britain is, rightfully, a laughing stock.

Meanwhile, in the Grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ut-of-fuel

“Johnson says he accepts responsibility,” wrote Libération. “But for what? The spectacular defeat of his party in North Shropshire, which he himself triggered by supporting the local MP, accused of corruption? The multiple parties under his roof when the country was in lockdown?”

Does he also accept responsibility for “the total absence, for months, of any social distancing measures or masks” in the face of a rampaging virus that has killed nearly 150,000 people, the paper asked. And for “the ailing economy; the plunging foreign investments; Brexit, which still has not delivered the slightest positive result?”
Channel 4 News showing the rounds of growing dissent against The Ledge at various sporting venues recently, though one twonk still holds firm to the "Cor what a lad, and I'm a lad so he's just like me!" :roll:
Interesting that the disgruntled darts and football (Boiler, take a slapped wrist for using the absurd “footy”) fans are still using the “Boris” nomenclature.

The difference is that now it’s quite toxic. The fact that they’re still calling him that but have, almost unavoidably, determined at long last that he is in fact an idle, incompetent, lying, pompous, amoral, self-centred, cuntish con merchant shows that he has successfully embedded the “Boris” persona (lovable bumbling buffoon who is good for a laugh but whose heart is in the right place) in the consciousness of quite a large proportion of the voting (and non-voting) public. So much so that that same public can’t think of him as anything other than “Boris”.

There seems still to be a residual element of affection for the lovable buffoon, but he’s basically been found out. It’s hard to over-state the extent of the sheer, white-hot rage that so many people are feeling about Johnson’s lockdown parties while people missed their farewells to dying loved ones, and so on by following the rules that Johnson and his cronies were blithely disregarding. You’ll have got some idea of it if you listened to the James O’Brien show the day before yesterday - powerful, emotional stuff.

I think that Johnson is now unquestionably toast. It’s a matter of when, not if, with respect to his defenestration. .
kreuzberger liked this
By Boiler
<accepts slapped wrist for 'footy', looks sheepishly at feet and promises not to do it again Mr. Abernathy>

I have long refused to call him 'Boris' - I'd prefer "that amoral cunt Johnson" but there's a few forums that'd censor that and one that would draw ire from his supporters and those who think he isn't right wing enough... :roll:

'Johnson', given its usage in American slang, seems much more appropriate...
This people starting to hate Johnson thing. Is it because they've finally woken up to what he is, or because he's the spoilsport who's making them wear masks in Tesco and work from home?

Since Cameron's little vanity project I have no illusions about the intelligence of the Grate British Public ™ (well, the English part of it anyway).
I like to think the best of people, but the pandemic has released a tsunami of arseholes.
Spoonman, mattomac liked this
My humble view re Mr Cyclist’s comment; they are using the latter as a fig leaf for their denial that the former is true, but they just cannot admit to being conned
By Nigredo
It seems to be centered around one issue i.e. "he tells us to self-isolate and not see family whilst he's having a soiree in his garden!". Take that out of the equation and the dawn of realization would still be going at a glacial pace because people are that detached from a civilized society now.
I see in a Tweet that Johnson has a strong lead (7% is mentioned) with the C2DE demographic.

Why?
Cyclist wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:33 am This people starting to hate Johnson thing. Is it because they've finally woken up to what he is, or because he's the spoilsport who's making them wear masks in Tesco and work from home?

Since Cameron's little vanity project I have no illusions about the intelligence of the Grate British Public ™ (well, the English part of it anyway).
In so much as I dislike other people generalising while doing it myself on a regular basis, I would say that darts fans and Premier League supporters would on the whole be far more of the "Ee's a ledge so it's just bantz 'cos 'e might stop me gettin' pissed over Christmas" idea than worrying about Brexit fucking over their family for the next three generations.
Last edited by davidjay on Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nigredo, Cyclist liked this
Is Alan Bennett a Mailwatcher?

Alan Bennett’s yearly diary excerpt sees the playwright dedicating Rudyard Kipling’s poem A Dead Statesman, in which the narrator proclaims that “all my lies are proved untrue / And I must face the men I slew”, to Boris Johnson.

https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... is-johnson
I'm sure I've seen someone here dedicate that same poem to our esteemed manbaby in Number 10.
Nigredo, Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]