:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Anyone connected with Covid might as well give up, I think Matt Hancock must be living in his own fantasy.

I’m pretty sure it’s going be Truss, the Tory Party are not immune to electing idiots, in fact I have this strange feeling if Loathsome had faced May at the leadership election then Loathsome would have won.
I'm hoping it will be Truss, because whoever it is is likely to be the person standing against Starmer in 2 years or so. Truss is dull, stubborn, doesn't take advice and doesn't speak particularly engagingly or interestingly. You absolutely want her anonymousness and lack of charisma as opposed to a Sunak, or the hardcore appeal of Patel (though as mentioned, she'd be a liability for other reasons).

Hancock hasn't got a hope in hell so i don't even know why he's talking himself up - perhaps to attempt to resurrect his career with an early throw-in of support for the front runner. Hunt, however, may be a dark horse. Not tainted by being in Johnson's cabinet might be a big selling point if Jolly old Boris's lovable antics continue to drag everything down.
Not that long ago Hunt was most famous for hiding behind a bush to avoid reporters questioning him on his links to Murdoch. Now he's touted as the voice of reason and sanity. Just let that sink in.
Arrowhead, Nigredo liked this
I think we are in rats' alley,
Where the dead men lost their bones.
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:14 pm Not that long ago Hunt was most famous for hiding behind a bush to avoid reporters questioning him on his links to Murdoch. Now he's touted as the voice of reason and sanity. Just let that sink in.
If "Warwick" is to make a run, I'd expect to see some image rehabilitation happening among the usual fish-wrappers.
The All New KevS wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:22 pm A Dead Statesman

I could not dig: I dared not to rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall server me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?

Rudyard Kipling
Kipling's verdict on himself, too. He spent the rest of his life trying to make amends, driven mad by grief at the loss of his son, whose remains were never found.
Nigredo liked this
Thanks, I'd forgotten that.
Samanfur liked this
The All New KevS wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:22 pm A Dead Statesman

I could not dig: I dared not to rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall server me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?

Rudyard Kipling
Talented bloke: poetry and cakes
satnav wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:22 pm I think Patel used to be popular with the right of the party because of her role with the Vote Leave and her rhetoric on Law and Order and immigration but her popularity has been hit by her failure to tackle immigrants crossing the channel.
I'd reckon that the majority of those that either support her or have supported her in the past imagine that nothing less than hundreds of snipers stretched along the beaches and cliff tops from Eastbourne to Ramsgate will be sufficient with regards to immigrants making perilous crossings in the English channel.
Keep hearing this Boris is such a great campaigner and we want the old Boris back and so on.

He is the guy that walks as soon as he sees a threat or gets bored of it, he can’t now tour the country because fun time Boris support is waning.

His biggest supporters would be the ones who won’t be wearing masks, won’t be getting a booster and won’t be taking tests or isolating.
They want desperately to re-run the Thatcher narrative. Everything and everyone is shoehorned into it. The useless old cow is the only thing they've got.
mattomac liked this
He's the embodiment of their dream - talk up easy common sense solutions to everything that make perfect sense in the pub, spout waffle, clock off early and have a shag with some posh totty.
By Oboogie
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:45 am They want desperately to re-run the Thatcher narrative. Everything and everyone is shoehorned into it. The useless old cow is the only thing they've got.
I've been arguing with anti-vaxxer Tories on Twitter, they claim Thatcher would never contemplate vaccines, masks or ID cards.
They forget Thatcher was a scientist.
She, unlike Johnson, would have followed the science on COVID as she did on, for example, climate change and AIDS.
Abernathy, Boiler, Malcolm Armsteen and 2 others liked this
Schrodinger's Thatch, simultaneously the first world leader to smell the coffee on the Ozone layer and take steps before any of those thick and comical forrins acted; and never one for any of that hippy green crap.
Nigredo liked this
Who on earth would have thought that all these years later, we'd be looking back (sort of) fondly at Thatcher and thinking she wasn't really (comparatively speaking) that bad ?

I think I'd best abandon my long-standing plan to go and piss on her grave.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]