:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Nigredo
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:06 pm He was talking about reopening coal mines- bizarrely only deep ones, not open cast- before he had to put big boy trousers on as Labour leader.
One of my political interlocutors used to enjoy watching Corbynistas' heads explode when he would brand St. Jeremy as "the last true conservative in parliament" and citing things like this as evidence for it.
By Cyclist
Am I wrong in believing that Keir has done more "sticking it to the Tories" so far this month than St Jeremy the Politically Astute did in his whole four and a half years of sitting in the Big Chair?

Would I be even further wrong in believing that Keir has done more "sticking it to the Tories" so far this month than St Jeremy the Politically Astute has done in his whole 38 years as an MP?
Abernathy, Oboogie, mattomac and 1 others liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Looks like:

David Lammy - Foreign Office
Yvette Cooper - Home Office
Lisa Nandy - Levelling Up
Wes Streeting - Health
Emily Thornberry - Shadow Attorney General
Bridget Phillipson - Education
Jim McMahon - Environment
Jo Stevens - Wales
Ed Miliband - Climate Change & Energy (loses business)

Rachel Reeves remains at Treasury

No news on Scotland, DCMS.

Corbynistas shown the door.
Arrowhead, Abernathy, Nigredo and 1 others liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Yup.
I can see why Rayner's people are spitting feathers.
By Boiler
Labour's longest-serving MP is to stand down at the next election.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-59538838

Barry Sheerman, 81, who has been Labour MP for Huddersfield since 1979, said it had been "the honour of my life".

The former select committee chair said standing down at the next election was the right time for him and the party.

Mr Sheerman added he was proud of the work he had done over the past 42 years but was looking forward to spending more time with his family.
By Arrowhead
Boiler wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:40 pm Labour's longest-serving MP is to stand down at the next election.
Harriet Harman has also announced that she will be standing down at the next election.

I've only just noticed that in the 1982 Peckham by-election which first propelled Harman to parliament, her Conservative opponent was a young John Redwood.
By Abernathy
The only reason that Labour is making progress in the polls now is that voters are finally beginning to realise that they have a venally dishonest incompetent as PM. Nothing to do with “Keith”’s contrasting competence, or canny slow but steady positioning, oh no.

That’s the line the embittered Corbots will take next, natch.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]