:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Johnson flat row: Tory staff ‘told to hand over information in one week’

Officials reportedly told they could face criminal charges if they do not give inquiry any materials they have
“You are put on notice that this is a criminal investigation,” the email said. It warned that staff who “knowingly falsify, conceal, destroy or otherwise dispose of information” … “could be committing a criminal offence of perverting the course of justice”.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nformation
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake?
I'd actually have a tiny amount to admiration for them if they just said that they wanted a floating gin palace to cruise around on and get hammered at taxpayers' expense.
I found Jake Berry's actual quotes, after a bit of digging. This is genuinely not parody:

Exclusive: Britannia to rule the waves once more, with new royal yacht named after Prince Philip
Jake Berry, chairman of the Northern Research Group of Conservatiave MPs, last night called for the new ship to be built by Cammell Laird on Merseyside, where the polar research ship RRS Sir David Attenborough was constructed.

Mr Berry said: “This successor to Britannia enables Britain to take her proper place in the world once again. When I and The Telegraph newspaper launched our campaign back in 2016, we were told that this day would never come.

“I am delighted that Boris has been brave enough to discount the doubters and bean counters who did not have the vision to see what this new ship can add to global Britain. Commemorating the Duke of Edinburgh in this way is respectful and deeply appropriate.”
My opinions on being represented by this plonker are well known around here, but I'd just like to reiterate my embarrassment.
Last edited by Samanfur on Sun May 02, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sure they've announced a new royal yacht about as many times as Maureen Lipman's quit the Labour party.

It's a bit like Jonathan Ross interviewing Ricky Gervais. You know that there's nobody else available or nothing else you want to report on.
20pointsAhead wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:07 pm
One could equally say that Kieth was handed a gift in the form of Johnson talking about "bodies piling high", on a background of rank corruption, and somehow turned the conversation to the quality of upholstery in John Lewis.
You could, but it’d be disingenuous because at the last PMQs he trapped Johnson into saying on Parliamentary record that he did not say it when multiple witnesses say he did (and this is almost certainly going to come back to haunt him - plus as the polls show people believe he did), and the John Lewis thing is working well in framing Johnson and his fiancé as so elitist they think furniture from what most of the U.K. thinks is a posh shop is beneath them, and so greedy they won’t pay their own money to replace it or admit who did.

Politics doesn’t have to be a single line of attack. He hates being mocked and hates scrutiny, plus what one audience will ignore, another will be infuriated by.
Boiler, Oboogie liked this
Also, if he plays the bodies line, he can be accused of weaponising death. Bad taste. There still is a taboo around death, especially among the older generations.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]