:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 3.3 % :laughing: 26.7 % :cry: 26.7 % :🤗 10 % :poo: 3.3 %
Plugged that into the New Statesman thing. Tories easily biggest party, but lost their majority. The model doesn't allow much for tactical voting, so if that takes off, the Tories could lose more seats.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/e ... calculator
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:00 pm
davidjay wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:45 pm Even if it's not possible for second jobs to be banned, it surely isn't beyond the ingenuity of the Parliamentary process to come up with some way of ensuring that ministers, at least, can't subsequently profit from legislation they helped formulate.
That happened a fair bit under Major, I think, with ministers standing down and then joining boards of companies they privatized. I don't know what the rules are now.
Tebbitt privatised BT as Trade Secretary then became a director when he left the Cabinet.
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:12 am The other cliche was to make your wife (it was always wives) a board member of a Quango (remember them?).
Quangos, and then the new hospital trusts under Major.
Because the ideal preparation for running a chunk of the NHS is a life of leisure, raffia-work, and pony club. Obvs!

It also stops them nagging you about screwing the interns.
Does anyone have access to a non-paywalled version of this Times article?

New Tory sleaze row as donors who pay £3m get seats in House of Lords

The Conservative Party has been accused of abusing the honours system by systematically offering seats in the House of Lords to a select group of multimillionaire donors who pay more than £3 million to the party.

An investigation by The Sunday Times and Open Democracy reveals that wealthy benefactors appear to be guaranteed a peerage if they take on the temporary role as the party treasurer and increase their own donations beyond £3 million. In the past two decades, all 16 of the party’s main treasurers — apart from the most recent, who stood down two months ago having donated £3.8 million — have been offered a seat in the Lords.
Ahem.

Lest we forget; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash-for-Honours_scandal

The Cash-for-Honours scandal (also known as Cash for Peerages, Loans for Lordships, Loans for Honours or Loans for Peerages) was a political scandal in the United Kingdom in 2006 and 2007 concerning the connection between political donations and the award of life peerages. A loophole in electoral law in the United Kingdom means that although anyone donating even small sums of money to a political party has to declare this as a matter of public record, those loaning money at commercial rates of interest did not have to make a public declaration.

In March 2006, several men nominated for life peerages by then Prime Minister Tony Blair were rejected by the House of Lords Appointments Commission. It was later revealed they had loaned large amounts of money to the governing Labour Party, at the suggestion of Labour fundraiser Lord Levy. Suspicion was aroused by some that the peerages were a quid pro quo for the loans.
Eustice's antics won't have helped the cause.
Tobias Ellwood, a Conservative former minister and chair of the Commons defence committee, also dismissed claims that No 10’s error was a trivial one, telling the BBC’s World at One that it had been “a dark week for British democracy”.

He said that, taking into account other factors such as the government’s willingness to disregard international law, there was a “pattern of behaviour” on display and Johnson needed to think about his legacy.

Ellwood, who also abstained in the vote on Wednesday, continued: “I think we have lost our way and we need to find our moral compass and get back to what the British people want us to do – good policy, good governance, leadership, statecraft. That’s what is needed at the moment rather than manipulating the system for our own survival.”
Ellwood has a bit of previous for talking like a principled old school Wet, then voting with Bozo anyway, even if he abstained this time. I suppose on balance he makes more of a stir by speaking against him.
Oboogie, Arrowhead liked this
Youngian wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:59 pm No proof she’s a Tory but. Looks like Allegra Stratton. That wouldn’t be a good start to the week.
It might be worth looking into what Stratton is being paid for, lots of money spent on a room that was hardly ever used for a person who did her role I think twice and then she was shifted off to some policy role on climate change.

It’s like Johnson wanted to play at being President but then realised it’s not like the movies or Trump so binned it.

But I have a feeling it was something else entirely.
Youngian wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:59 pm No proof she’s a Tory but. Looks like Allegra Stratton. That wouldn’t be a good start to the week.
Apparently she’s a local (Melton Mowbray area) primary school teacher
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]