:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
[quote=Oboogie post_id=11411 time=1633558016 user_id=65]
[quote=Cyclist post_id=11402 time=1633548272 user_id=77]
A Churchill Crocodile. I converted an Airfix Churchill to one of those. Getting the trailer with the fuel to look right was a heck of a job. But I managed it. 8-) I wish I still had it, but things like Airfix tanks don't seem to survive the intervening decades and house moves.
[/quote]

I too had a Churchill Crocodile (1/76 scale), but mine was from a kit. If it wasn't Airfix*, my guess would be Matchbox.

Edit: I see Airfix make a kit now, but I don't know if they did 50 years ago when I built mine.

https://www.amazon.com/Airfix-A02321V-M ... B07N8B3VDL
[/quote]

An anorak writes:

Back in the mid 70s when I kit-bashed mine, Airfix only did the basic version of each tank. If you wanted something a bit different you had to bodge it yourself. If yours was 1/76 scale then it most probably was Matchbox, they used the more accurate scale for British 4mm modelling (OO in railway terms). Airfix used 1/72 which corresponded with the old Hornby and Tri-ang HO/OO, which was slightly oversized.
Cyclist wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:57 am
Oboogie wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:06 pm
Cyclist wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:24 pm A Churchill Crocodile. I converted an Airfix Churchill to one of those. Getting the trailer with the fuel to look right was a heck of a job. But I managed it. 8-) I wish I still had it, but things like Airfix tanks don't seem to survive the intervening decades and house moves.
I too had a Churchill Crocodile (1/76 scale), but mine was from a kit. If it wasn't Airfix*, my guess would be Matchbox.

Edit: I see Airfix make a kit now, but I don't know if they did 50 years ago when I built mine.

https://www.amazon.com/Airfix-A02321V-M ... B07N8B3VDL
An anorak writes:

Back in the mid 70s when I kit-bashed mine, Airfix only did the basic version of each tank. If you wanted something a bit different you had to bodge it yourself. If yours was 1/76 scale then it most probably was Matchbox, they used the more accurate scale for British 4mm modelling (OO in railway terms). Airfix used 1/72 which corresponded with the old Hornby and Tri-ang HO/OO, which was slightly oversized.
Truth is I don't actually remember if it was 1/76 or 1/72 scale - I just know it was small.
I know this may cause palpitations amongst serious modellers here, but I didn't differentiate between 1/72 & 1/76 scale (or 1/32 & 1/35 for that matter), to me there were large expensive tanks and small cheap tanks.

I too did several conversions, and some scratch building as well, due to the unavailability of kits of what I wanted.
It looks like the worms are turning.
Business leaders rounded on Boris Johnson for lacking a coherent economic plan after he delivered a boosterish conference speech that made barely a mention of the supply chain crisis.

The address was condemned as “bombastic but vacuous and economically illiterate” by the free market Adam Smith Institute, while the Conservative thinktank Bright Blue issued a stark warning.

“The public will soon tire of Boris’s banter if the government does not get a grip of mounting crises: price rises, tax rises, fuel shortages, labour shortages. There was nothing new in this speech, no inspiring new vision or policy,” its chief executive, Ryan Shorthouse, said...

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/20 ... is-johnson
Oboogie, kreuzberger liked this

Have I Got News For You may be well off the satirical pace for the last decade or so but their clip finding team still does a good job.

What the actual shitting fuck are these, apart from the necrophillia of satire?
By satnav
Apparently Johnson has been telling his mates that he is planning to stay in office longer than Thatcher. Are the British public really going to put up with shit for another 10 years. Will the likes of Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss really sit back and let Boris thwart their leadership ambitions indefinitely?
satnav wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:44 pm Apparently Johnson has been telling his mates that he is planning to stay in office longer than Thatcher. Are the British public really going to put up with shit for another 10 years. Will the likes of Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss really sit back and let Boris thwart their leadership ambitions indefinitely?
I've made little secret that I consider the sex-pest Yeti noting short of a con-man.

The public bought into the Brexit Bullshit.
The same demographic seem likely to fall for "High wage, high productivity" - despite it being plugged by the very people who've opposed every wage rise, and until the lockdown were gurning about overpaid tube and tanker drivers.

I hate the feeling of powerlessness when such a big part of the population are so obviously being played.

It must be the same for a family watching a gambling addict piss his and their futures away.
I don’t think it will be the British public that get rid of him, as SatNav says, will the likes of Sunak and Truss sit idly by. Given the Tory Party’s reputation of stabbing each other in the back, anything that happens will come from within
davidjay wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:07 pm He'll be there while he's more popular than the government. Once he's a liability, he's gone. The men in grey suits never really liked Thatcher so they had no compunction about getting rid of her; Bozo will go the same way.
But what if...
The men in grey suits have all passed on, replaced by an unholy alliance of Hang Nelson Mandela yobs, closet BNP members and Putinist oligarchs.
It wouldn’t take long for one of his lot to fall foul of it if they brought it in.

As for lasting another decade, you can only stay in power if your remain fresh, the fact is I think 80 is the high majority.

I always felt the December election was another factor in this, guess we will see over time but after a while you have to deliver and if Starmer gets the Labour Party in shape I don’t see them getting anything close to 80.

Not that I expect Labour to win an election anytime soon but even a reduction to where we were would make defeating the government on its worst excesses far easier.

After all when you start leaking stuff that you’ll stay forever you usually last about 12 months.
Last edited by mattomac on Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satnav liked this
I always felt the December election was another factor in this, guess we will see over time but after a while you have to deliver and if Starmer gets the Labour Party in shape I don’t see them getting anything close to 80.

The swing to gain back 50 seats from the Tories is under five per cent. Labour majority is a tall order but depriving the Tories of power isn’t.
Oboogie, Malcolm Armsteen, mattomac and 1 others liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]