:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
This isn’t linked to his bleating about getting back to your desks.

One of the biggest transformations in working in a 100 years and this lot are so behind on it. The fact is the office replaced the factory, any attempt at trying to encourage the practices of old is doomed to failure, yes some businesses will return to the old ways of working but for many it just won’t happen, however many articles the BBC want to write on it.

Instead of trying to seek problems that don’t exist maybe try and solve those that do. You’ve failed at that already
Youngian, kreuzberger, Andy McDandy and 3 others liked this
I've just finished reading "Inside the Dream Factory" by Dominic Sandbrook - a history of British pop culture. Something he wrote stood out - that appeals to nostalgia have been a common currency in British politics for a long time. And understandably so, given that writers, whatever their medium, typically write about their youth. So basically the news paradigm is always about 20 years behind reality*.

The other thing to stress is that there's still a strong case for winning over the older vote on the grounds that they're the ones most likely to vote. And a tried and tested way is to appeal to them by implying that anyone younger than them has it easy, doesn't know what real work is, and spends too much time on that Interweb thing anyway.

*Brilliantly expressed in a Viz photo-story set in a dotcom startup, which featured a stereotypically evil soap opera boss shouting at workers to "Get those internets packed and on the truck!".
The current Tories are horse cart manufacturers who have just heard about something called the internal combustion engine. They have to try and force the old way of working because so much of their wealth is tied to property - or more accurately, property in certain places, and they don't dare get out of it because if they do it could set off an avalanche of property prices. But if someone can work in a lovely house in rural Wales as easily as they can a cramped flat in London, and it costs them less money to do so, then they will go there. And then everywhere starts to level up because there's no need for "the city". And then you get people starting to ask why is everything London-centric and why is all the investment in the home counties and so on.

Everything the Tories do is absolutely *against* levelling up because they don't really want it - they want to be able to offer token gestures to grim northeners, not find out their rental property in Shoreditch is now unfeasible at its obscene mark-up.
Keep seeing this mention of wage rises, all I've seen is tax rises, in fact the first wage rise I had in 5 years (That was more than £4) and which was a combination of such a low wage and the sliding scale the Unions have argued for went in September with this NI rise.

I'm all for paying more tax for better services but as a 38 year old I'm seeing no pension til my 70's (Unless it's one that encroaches even further on to my pay packet), I'm paying £715 for a room (+ box room) in a shared house and without some voluntary redundancy pay saved when I took it some years ago I'd be one pay day away from being on the street.

So i'm sorry I'm not seeing any of this sunny up climbs this bloke comes out with as for his mention of inflation it's out paced wages for the last 10 years so why is it suddenly going change when the country seems to be getting poorer. Also is the worker in Costa going be paid as much as the banker, that's the only way you end a low paid economy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58800329
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:59 am
The other thing to stress is that there's still a strong case for winning over the older vote on the grounds that they're the ones most likely to vote. And a tried and tested way is to appeal to them by implying that anyone younger than them has it easy, doesn't know what real work is, and spends too much time on that Interweb thing anyway.
The irony being that the average 60/70 year old gammonista has had it easier than any generation in history and spends all their bloody time on the interweb (thanks to their final salary pension scheme) spouting bigotry and prejudice :grimacing:
Izzat so?

Asks a 72 year old Armsteen…
Pork haystack was absolutely woeful under the spotlight of C4 News’ Gary Gibbons.

How does this win anyone over? Do they just tune into the photo ops of him drinking a pint or laying a brick?
Cyclist wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:38 am As I walked past the telly just now I'm sure I heard Johnson say " let's hear it for Jon Bon Govey". :roll:

About as funny as diarrhoea.
Especially as he was referencing Gove's dancing in that Aberdeen nightclub, is Bon Jovi particularly notable for his skill on the dancefloor?
I tuned out at that point because I know it would be juvenile and puerile backslapping and then whining about any adult who's ever tried to hold him accountable, or at least get him to respect the gravitas of the situation.

LBC made note of him quoting Mussolini's mentor on the economy?
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:46 pm The Twatters are full of themselves. "Starmer Chameleon"! More Captain Hindsight bollocks. From both sides, I should add.
Fact of the matter is Starmer actually did point out several things and Johnson just blustered and ignored it only to copy it later at a time when things had got worse.

There ignorance is because they never listen, they are always right.
Oboogie liked this
A Churchill Crocodile. I converted an Airfix Churchill to one of those. Getting the trailer with the fuel to look right was a heck of a job. But I managed it. 8-) I wish I still had it, but things like Airfix tanks don't seem to survive the intervening decades and house moves.
By Oboogie
Cyclist wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:24 pm A Churchill Crocodile. I converted an Airfix Churchill to one of those. Getting the trailer with the fuel to look right was a heck of a job. But I managed it. 8-) I wish I still had it, but things like Airfix tanks don't seem to survive the intervening decades and house moves.
I too had a Churchill Crocodile (1/76 scale), but mine was from a kit. If it wasn't Airfix*, my guess would be Matchbox.

Edit: I see Airfix make a kit now, but I don't know if they did 50 years ago when I built mine.

https://www.amazon.com/Airfix-A02321V-M ... B07N8B3VDL
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]