:sunglasses: 25 % :pray: 25 % :laughing: 37.5 % :cry: 12.5 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
What a piece of work this arse is.

His latest - when you are failing in Education throw some red meat to the Turnip Taleban - 'discipline' and 'Victorian values'.

Confiscate all mobile phones. Just that, teachers won't have time for anything else...
Stand at the front, class in rows, and lecture.

Pitiful little self-serving shit.

Confiscating mobile phones - issues for teachers:

1 Find them. That means searchig kids and their luggage, which may be illegal and will certainly lead to conflict and possible legal challenges.

2 Take them away. This is, in normal society, called 'theft' and a sizeable proportion (backed by their friends, parents and friendly legals) will object. Often strenuously.

3 Store them somewhere. Admin - each phone would need to be labelled. A secire place must be available. To all teachers... can't see any probblems there. Thieves would know that there is a sizeable haul somewhere (they'd find out where in five minutes) and it would be worth a bit of aggro to get them. At one time that was my desk. A nightmare.

4 Idiot teachers would lose them. Yes they would, they did when we were told to confiscate them. Or leave them on their desk, or in an unlocked drawer. I then spent hours sorting it all out, and the school was liable. An iphone 12 costs over a grand...

Do a cost-benefit on that, compared to asking them to keep them in their bags during lesson time and signing a waiver that if they are lost or stolen the school will do what it can (not a lot) and the loss is theirs. Almost like you are treating them like autonomous humans.
Oboogie liked this
By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:54 am 2 Take them away. This is, in normal society, called 'theft' and a sizeable proportion (backed by their friends, parents and friendly legals) will object.
Point of order, Mr. A: "theft" is defined as "the intention to permanently deprive of ownership". That's how we ended up with the offence of TADA - "Touching A Dog's Arse" or more correctly, "Taking And Driving Away".

Williamson and Patel are the sort of people that I find myself wishing they'd get smashed in the head so hard they end up with locked-in syndrome. Maybe that sort of thinking is me coming off the ADs after twelve years though.

I'd just add I'm uncomfortable with being labelled as "Turnip Taliban" simply because of where I choose to live.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Theft is what the person loudly objecting and threatening to bring in their parents, brothers and sisters, lawyers or fellow gang members to get it back defines it as.

And yes, I've wasted my time on all of those due to a stupid head who made absolute rules.

Does it ever occur to people that the nice, rule-abiding kids won't object, but the rats' arses will, and that will take up huge amounts of time? And possibly money.
By Malcolm Armsteen
No, I mean it. People like Ratboy are just about control, with no concept of the self-restraint and other mechanisms that well-ordered people have in their lives, or how to achieve them other than by corcion or force. I see that there are already calls for caning to be reintroduced.
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:06 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:38 pm Does it ever occur to people that the nice, rule-abiding kids won't object, but the rats' arses will, and that will take up huge amounts of time? And possibly money.
I think you and I both know the answer to that one.
And will be the first ones sadfacing it to the rafters in the Mail.
By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:08 pm No, I mean it. People like Ratboy are just about control, with no concept of the self-restraint and other mechanisms that well-ordered people have in their lives, or how to achieve them other than by corcion or force. I see that there are already calls for caning to be reintroduced.
I have no objection to corporal punishment, provided the government minister has first received a fair trial.
By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:08 pm No, I mean it. People like Ratboy are just about control, with no concept of the self-restraint and other mechanisms that well-ordered people have in their lives, or how to achieve them other than by corcion or force. I see that there are already calls for caning to be reintroduced.
The thin end of the "string 'em up" wedge.

That'll be here soon.
By Nigredo
I got a bad case of the heebies the other week when an utter creep like Williamson started talking about "discipline for youngsters" :shock:
By Oboogie
Bit of trivia for you all. Did you know we have Prince Andrew and Fergie (the Princess not the football manager or the singer) to thank for the abolition of corporal punishment in state schools in England and Wales?
The vote on abolition was held on the day of their wedding. The Tory MPs who were against it's abolition attended the wedding and planned to dash back to Parliament in time for the vote but got held up in the wedding traffic and missed it. The vote was carried and the abolition bill was passed.
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:42 pm Bit of trivia for you all. Did you know we have Prince Andrew and Fergie (the Princess not the football manager or the singer) to thank for the abolition of corporal punishment in state schools in England and Wales?
The vote on abolition was held on the day of their wedding. The Tory MPs who were against it's abolition attended the wedding and planned to dash back to Parliament in time for the vote but got held up in the wedding traffic and missed it. The vote was carried and the abolition bill was passed.
You'd think Andy would've been up for a bit of that.
Oboogie liked this
By Bones McCoy
Oblomov wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:50 pm
I got a bad case of the heebies the other week when an utter creep like Williamson started talking about "discipline for youngsters" :shock:
These days you just mutter "Obvious kiddie fiddler" under your breath, and they'll go away.
By Samanfur
Not Williamson, but I don't doubt he'll jump on the bandwagon shortly:

We'll be pledging allegiance to the flag and the monarch every morning - hands on hearts, of course - next.

I'm not shocked. This level of mission creep was predictable as soon as the Tories started weaponising the flag.

I'm just disappointed.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Samanfur wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:12 pm

We'll be pledging allegiance to the flag and the monarch every morning - hands on hearts, of course - next.

I'm not shocked. This level of mission creep was predictable as soon as the Tories started weaponising the flag.

I'm just disappointed.
Loyalty oaths for teachers?

You know they want to.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]