:sunglasses: 16.7 % :laughing: 61.1 % :cry: 16.7 % :🤗 5.6 %
I don’t think she’s unwell. I think she’s just astoundingly shit, has been advised by sociopaths and pandered to for far too long, and is too stupid to see she’s now being used as a fall girl by the very Tufton St. types who put her in office in the first place. Who better to take the blame for terrible implementation of their oh-so brilliant ideas than an ex-PM who’s now demonstrating - via a series of excruciatingly embarrassing articles and speeches - she was the problem all along?

Then, once she’s dug herself into a deep enough hole, they’ll attempt to revive their ghastly plans with a new useful idiot, claiming the previous implementation went wrong because Truss was useless but the ideas themselves were sound. We just need to try again. And again. And again. With them cashing in each and every time.
Watchman liked this
Crabcakes wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:43 pm I don’t think she’s unwell. I think she’s just astoundingly shit, has been advised by sociopaths and pandered to for far too long, and is too stupid to see she’s now being used as a fall girl by the very Tufton St. types who put her in office in the first place. Who better to take the blame for terrible implementation of their oh-so brilliant ideas than an ex-PM who’s now demonstrating - via a series of excruciatingly embarrassing articles and speeches - she was the problem all along?

Then, once she’s dug herself into a deep enough hole, they’ll attempt to revive their ghastly plans with a new useful idiot, claiming the previous implementation went wrong because Truss was useless but the ideas themselves were sound. We just need to try again. And again. And again. With them cashing in each and every time.
That's excusing her.
She is in an abnormal mental state, and I agree she is being exploited, but saying these people are stupid just lets them off.
I also think she knows her career as a politician is effectively over. If she's not ousted at the next election, does she want to go back to the fens and listening to constituents and their problems? House of Lords? A little fish in that big pond? I'm doubtful the invitations to company directorships and consultancies are piling up in the inbox, and she can't go down the jobcentre. And she's not charismatic or interesting enough for the TV shows, be they Question Time or I'm a Celebrity.

Going abroad is out too. Global media, kids. That lettuce got traction.

So, what is she to do? Figuratively sell herself on the wingnut circuit, because it's that or down Dunwich docks with a rose in her hair.
I disagree it’s excusing her to say she’s stupid, because being an idiot in academic terms doesn’t mean you can’t also know your limits and strengths and have a sense of humility.

She’s an idiot, but she’s also a terrible, greedy, vain, arrogant, cowardly narcissist. I’m not saying her being used as a useful idiot should garner her any sympathy - just observing that she’s not unwell. Just very, very, very bad at everything she turns her hand to.
By Spoonman
Ironic with her giving off about redistributionism when pretty much everything she's spoken about in public since she was chucked out of 10 Downing Street for short-term squatting has been paid for thanks to wingnut welfare.
By Youngian
Is she doing anything different to Corbyn apart from her speeches get reported?
Didn’t have any disagreement on Truss’s stupidity in a pub with her constituents, yesterday. The landlady bought up the subject of farmers getting a battering and what a load of lies Brexit was and that got no dissenters, either. They’ll all vote Tory again.
I am uncomfortably coming face-to-face with my gender-based pre(mis)conceptions that women are generally not as dog-breath as their male counterparts.

Non gender-based is my belief that she is an idiot and screaming Dunning-Kruger from the rooftops. Truss is simply a nasty piece of work which she or anyone else would struggle to excuse.
Youngian wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:16 am Did Truss consult the PM and foreign office before sounding off about China? the arrogance is breathtaking if not (as if the FO needs another mess with China to mop up).
THAT. IS. A. DISGRACE.
Andy McDandy wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:53 pm I also think she knows her career as a politician is effectively over. If she's not ousted at the next election, does she want to go back to the fens and listening to constituents and their problems? House of Lords? A little fish in that big pond? I'm doubtful the invitations to company directorships and consultancies are piling up in the inbox, and she can't go down the jobcentre. And she's not charismatic or interesting enough for the TV shows, be they Question Time or I'm a Celebrity.

Going abroad is out too. Global media, kids. That lettuce got traction.

So, what is she to do? Figuratively sell herself on the wingnut circuit, because it's that or down Dunwich docks with a rose in her hair.
I think that’s going to apply to quite a few Tory MP,s come the next election; e.g Andrew Bridgen. The likes of 30p have managed the back-up of a slot on GB News, but that’s not a long term gig, and who in their right mind would allow Gullis anywhere near paid employment. All of which, in my view, backs up the belief that they blustered their way into becoming an MP because a lot of them are unemployable and it gave them access to unearned riches
It used to be that many MPs had a business to go back to. Many still do. But a fair few of the Johnson intake (not to mention Bridgen, sued by his own family,and his company facing going bust) have padded their CVs in the manner of an Apprentice candidate. Worthless companies, dodgy property, assistant to the manager etc.
By davidjay
She's in a unique situation. She'll never get back into the Cabinet and she hasn't got enough support to be an influential back-bencher. As a former Prime Minister the HIGNFY/I'm a Celebrity circuit is beneath her, but being the Lady Jane Grey of British politics won't get her the book deals and lecture tours. Her credibility is so shot that no decent-sized company will give her a directorship. She's totally irrelevant and serve her right.
Last edited by davidjay on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Youngian
Liz had some beginner’s luck having her speech to some loopy loop Republican* think tank reported but a lot of that was to take the piss. Wish Truss the best in finding some good friends and family who will tell her wind her neck in. And just hangout skinning up in Dave’s shed while Samantha is up West.
The long term loser from Truss’s premiership will be the British Legion. As Remembrance Sunday becomes the annual Laugh at Liz Day.
By soulboy
Liz Truss refuses to pay £12,000 in missing bathrobes row: Former PM demands 'accurate invoice' after being asked to settle Cabinet Office bill for 'lost items' and wining and dining at grace and favour Chevening estate
A source said: ‘Liz used Chevening as a mini No 10, holding meetings with her inner circle which often turned into parties in the evening.

The Cabinet Office was told by staff at the house that items such as towelling robes and even slippers vanished during that period, and have asked her to cover the cost.

‘They have also objected to the idea that the taxpayer should foot the bill for what were basically a series of summer parties, and say she owes more than £12,000 for it.’
You'll be shocked to hear that there was no quote from the Tax Payers Alliance.
soulboy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:43 am You'll be shocked to hear that there was no quote from the Tax Payers Alliance.
I could see some cheap chiseler from Liz’s think tank entourage filling their sacks with free booty. Mark Littlewood?

Now if Liz stays in a hotel, Travelodge orders extra tea bags.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]