:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 3.3 % :laughing: 26.7 % :cry: 26.7 % :🤗 10 % :poo: 3.3 %
I think the Tories are being called out but because they have got an 80 seat majority they can easily ride out any scandals. When John Major was Prime Minister he had a slim majority for most of his premiership so it was much harder to deal with the various scandals he encountered.

The Tories will only start to worry about sleaze when an election is on the horizon.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Well, it looks like Johnson has come up with the worst possible solution to the Tories doing unnaturally well in the polls - he’s fucked it on the India variant, got PHE to hide the data (and not even release school spread data), and it could potentially mean a third wave on par with the last one because he refuses to give out bad news.

I mean, I want them to be viewed in a more realistic light. But not like this.

satnav wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:57 pm I think the Tories are being called out but because they have got an 80 seat majority they can easily ride out any scandals. When John Major was Prime Minister he had a slim majority for most of his premiership so it was much harder to deal with the various scandals he encountered.

The Tories will only start to worry about sleaze when an election is on the horizon.
Also, the media - notoriously Kelvin McKenzie with his "bucket of shit" remarks - had decided it was time for Major to go. Thus every foot out of place got added to the sleaze pile. True, you had a rejuvenated Labour party hitting the airwaves and headlines with a constant presence and clear vision, but they only got that time and space because people decided they were worth listening to.

Tired and past it Tory party.
Energetic Labour party.
Time for a change.

Now, say what you like about the current government, but one thing they're not is tired. May was, but not the current lot. Inept, cruel, corrupt, directionless for sure. But they've got energy. And with news being more about entertainment than it was in 1995, they're providing the copy.
Tubby Isaacs, Boiler liked this
I dunno. Johnson got a lot more popular when he stopped pissing about. Lots of that new popularity was the vaccine of course but I don't think all of it was. Johnson being able to "do serious" (or at least pass questions on to Chris Whitty to do serious) would have addressed doubts about him.

I don't think he takes any sort of political hit from pushing the roadmap dates back.
It's him and his gang against the system. Any setbacks are evidence of the pervasive power of the blob, lefty lawyers, up themselves judges, and all round clever bastards. It chimes with their base. Conversely, any successes are double cause for celebration - the success in itself, and getting one over on "them".
davidjay liked this
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:41 pm It's him and his gang against the system. Any setbacks are evidence of the pervasive power of the blob, lefty lawyers, up themselves judges, and all round clever bastards. It chimes with their base. Conversely, any successes are double cause for celebration - the success in itself, and getting one over on "them".
And we have to get over the idea that this is a long-standing Tory government, when it isn't. They're Conservatives in name only - any idea of the old values went out of the window in December 2019. A more accurate name would be the English Independence Party.
Oboogie, Tubby Isaacs, Andy McDandy and 1 others liked this
davidjay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:56 pm Conservatives in name only - any idea of the old values went out of the window in December 2019. A more accurate name would be the English Independence Party.
Not really as the British state is still very central to their imperial preference Brexit delusions. Scots Indy will lead to Australia and New Zealand removing the Union Jack from their flag as it no longer exists. This ‘betrayal’ will cause deep gammon hurt.
Youngian wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:29 am
davidjay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:56 pm Conservatives in name only - any idea of the old values went out of the window in December 2019. A more accurate name would be the English Independence Party.
Not really as the British state is still very central to their imperial preference Brexit delusions. Scots Indy will lead to Australia and New Zealand removing the Union Jack from their flag as it no longer exists. This ‘betrayal’ will cause deep gammon hurt.
I don't think it is. Scotland is full of ungrateful Jockos who'd be bankrupt without us, the white Commonwealth is our distant cousin who our parents looked after when their mum was ill fifty years ago so they still owe us.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]